Monthly Event: Rewards based on invested time

Nektarrr
Nektarrr Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
I have an idea for a new event type:

Event that lasts a month (or maybe 3 weeks) and is reset after that.
You are matched randomly.
For each win you get, you receive 5 Power (or whatever you would like to call it).
When you reach a certain threshold you receive a price, something like this:

10 Power: 250 Runes
40 Power: 5 Mana Crystals
70 Power: 5 Commons (one in each color)
100 Power: 500 Runes
150 Power: 10 Mana Crystals
200 Power: Standard Booster Pack (3 cards)
300 Power: 750 Runes
400 Power: 15 Mana Crystals
500 Power: 5 Uncommons (one in each color)
750 Power: 1000 Runes
1000 Power: 20 Mana Crystals
1300 Power: 2 Premium Booster Packs (5 cards)
1700 Power: 30 Mana Crystals
2000 Power: 10 Mana Jewels
2500 Power: 4 Premium Booster Packs (5 cards)
3000 Power: 5 Rares (one in each color)

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    What about restrictions on daily fights? Or is the intention to give something you can do when there are no more events to play, like old qb? That is a feature I'm missing right now!

No need to call it power, since we already have a ribbon system, that does exactly the same.

Do you lose power when losing?

I think the rewards would need to be revisited.. But all in all I totally like the general concept of the idea!
  • Nektarrr
    Nektarrr Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Something to do when all the rest is done, or something to focus on for lower players that know they cannot win other events as a (slow but certain) way to gain some extra runes / mana crystals / cards / boosters.

The rewards are just an idea, maybe for the the common / uncommon / rare card reward you can choose a color @ the beginning of the month and then you gain a card in the chosen color.

Maybe lower the number of ribbons won to 2 for a regular win and 4 if you win against an opponent with an advantage (someone that won his last 5 fights has an advantage for example).

The exact numbers should ensure it's grindy (you won't get the ultimate reward if you only play 3 matches each day), but possible to get there if you put in a decent effort (1 hour / day on average for example).

Just a reward for people for playing the game actively which is lacking right now in my oppinion.