Bring back whale power!!!!

ZeroKarma
ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
Whales. The great equalizer! Or it was until 5* emerged with health over 100k at level 550, rendering the one option that we all had to defeat them impotent. 

It is time to make Deadpool's whales an instant kill again. Raise the damage to 150k and not leave anyone untouchable. 

Comments

• ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    So someone just told me it already works. If that's the case forgive my ignorant post
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would still be interested to know if super whale is coded as fixed damage or instant kill. If fixed damage, you have potential for it to not be instant kill if there are damage reductions effects (shields, quake's passive etc).

@Brigby possible to ask the dev?
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe it was based on damage but tweaking that to 200k was probably very easy fix. Not sure if it happend as I haven't used the whales in ages (sitting on maxed coins :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    I believe it was based on damage but tweaking that to 200k was probably very easy fix. Not sure if it happend as I haven't used the whales in ages (sitting on maxed coins :)
    Well it must do a little more than that, or it wouldn't kill Colossus or Spider-Woman when they've got their tile out. Unless it also ignores damage reduction effects, which I guess it could. Airborne enemies? Never tried.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. I spoke to the developers, and let's just put it this way. When it comes to the amount of damage it deals, trust me. You do NOT need to worry about it not doing enough damage to kill a character.

If you want more details about the ability, check out our official FAQ page: What are Deadpool Points 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    @Brigby how do even code bazillion in the game??? ;)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. I spoke to the developers, and let's just put it this way. When it comes to the amount of damage it deals, trust me. You do NOT need to worry about it not doing enough damage to kill a character.

If you want more details about the ability, check out our official FAQ page: What are Deadpool Points 

If I hear certain phrases from Demiurge it makes me nervous.
    Things like:

"Trust us".
    "Fun and challenging."
    "Try playing with them after the change, you'll see they're still fun."
    "We've improved our testing procedures."

Just saying ;)

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    Brigby said:

If I hear certain phrases from Demiurge it makes me nervous.
    Things like:

"Trust us".
    "Fun and challenging."
    "Try playing with them after the change, you'll see they're still fun."
    "We've improved our testing procedures."

Just saying ;)

Agreed, you can't continue to break our trust and expect us to keep trusting you.  Trust is earned and with many of us you have a deficit at this point.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well that escalated quickly.

Thanks Brigby :D
  • ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Has anyone had an issue where they spent the deadpool points and it didn't clear the enemies? Why does almost every thread turn into vitriol towards the devs?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Magic said:
    @Brigby how do even code bazillion in the game??? ;)
    I saw infinite coded as "-1" in some codes so who knows... but usually, true, developers are hiding "infinite" behind some hard-limited high number (that is limited by engine of the software or so)
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    ejm04 said:
    Has anyone had an issue where they spent the deadpool points and it didn't clear the enemies? Why does almost every thread turn into vitriol towards the devs?
    My comment was meant to be funny, definitely didn't mean it the way broll took it and ran with it.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
     :|

Ok, allow me to clarify. The ability deals puns of dama...I mean...TONS of damage. Way more damage than any character can survive.