Were SHIELD intercepts fixed for iOS?

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
So I'm a non-VIP, F2P iOS (iPhone 6) user.

For months on end intercepts were not working for me. I'd get them probably a handful of times a week and about 80% of the time the video would crash before playing and I wouldn't get the bonus goodies.

Ever since the patch the intercepts have been rolling in.  Amazing to see how the other half lives getting 100 HP, Heroics, 2K Iso, etc. for 30 seconds of "work".  Unbelievable. I don't know if this was an intentional fix by the developers but if so, kudos!  If it really is fixed and not going back to the old ways I have to say I've already gotten more from these intercepts than I can ever hope to get as compensation for update bug!

Comments

• DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,369 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They seem to have returned for me as well, after some months of (mostly) getting none at all. Still holding my fingers crossed, though.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What about on steam? Intercepts fixed there also?

:->
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    LOL, still waiting for Amazon support to be fixed too :D
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Seem to FINALLY be working on iOS 
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Only about half of my intercepts are working. Sometimes when I push the button to play the video, nothing happens.
  • Steellatch
    Steellatch Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Options
    My intercepts are working too but they seem to work more often around midnight pds (server locations) If I play later in the day the intercepts will still crash as usual 
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My Intercept frequency has indeed improved on iOS of late.  Of course, like maguirenumber6 said, they still don't work about 50% of the time.  

Its more frustrating hitting the bug more often, but 50% of some rewards is better than 50% of no rewards, so forward progress!
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    iOS was definitely fixed. I had months and months of never even seeing the button (despite usually green-checking most PvE events, so definitely many rounds played). Every now and then clicking the button just drops me back to the sub menu without playing a video, but I get rewards more often than not (for now -- dun dun DUN).
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    It was certainly fixed, but still a little hit-or-miss. Here's what I mean:

when the bug hit, like everyone, I stopped getting any intercepts on my iOS device. I also have an android device and an amazon device, but I clearly stopped playing on the amazon one due to intercept failures. I played on my android, got intercepts like normal (around 10-14 a day if playing a lot). Now, they are back on iOS but in super limited fashion on the iOS AND the android. If I play every node 4 times plus any one-shot nodes and all of DDQ, I maybe get 3-4 intercepts? So.... sure it's fixed, but something is still wrong
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,711 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Yep, it's appropriate punishment for playing a match 3 mobile game on a desktop. While the rest of us swimming in ISO HP and tokens you get the pleasure of playing old school.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They were broken?
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options

you could email Valve and ask them why they don't allow advertisements in the games
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    my 28 day 'free' intercepts period ended. they stopped working. bought a pittance. they started working. it's a pay to play feature gents. it'd be nice if they would come out and admit it.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jredd said:
    my 28 day 'free' intercepts period ended. they stopped working. bought a pittance. they started working. it's a pay to play feature gents. it'd be nice if they would come out and admit it.
    It is now.
    https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/64661/discontinuing-s-h-i-e-l-d-signal-intercepts-5-17-17/p1