Elektra's Ballet of Death not stacking stolen AP. [Dev's Aware]

Tiger_Wong
Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
It's pretty simple. When you activate 2 Ballet of Death trap tiles, it calculates the damage properly. But it doesn't steal 2 of black/purple/red. It only steals 1. Even if you put 3 of them on the field, the damage calculation is correct but it only steals 1 of each. 

Working as intended? Or bug?

Admin Note: Updated title with [Dev's Aware].

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    From the power's description only, this sounds like a bug. Otherwise I would expect it to say something like... "if one or more of these trap tiles exist, Elektra also steals 1 Black, Purple, and Red AP at the start of each turn" 
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Damage part is also buggy since two traps do a single damage event, meaning:
    False strike/protect tile damage (strikes only increasing damage once)
    Damage retaliation passive powers falsely activating or falsely not activating twice.

• Jaedenkaal
    turul said:
    Damage retaliation passive powers falsely activating or falsely not activating twice.

Is that new, or has it always worked that way? I haven't used Elektra enough to notice (maybe no one has, hah)
  • turul
    turul said:

Is that new, or has it always worked that way? I haven't used Elektra enough to notice (maybe no one has, hah)
    Its quite old.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey guys, thanks for reporting this. It seems that in light of the recent AP issue that was fixed with Elekra's Ballet of Death stealing AP regardless of trap tiles, it appears that this issue has crept up onto us. Rest assured that there is indeed a report in for this issue already and that the developers are currently investigating into the cause of the issue.
  • turul
    Tombstone said:
    Hey guys, thanks for reporting this. It seems that in light of the recent AP issue that was fixed with Elekra's Ballet of Death stealing AP regardless of trap tiles, it appears that this issue has crept up onto us. Rest assured that there is indeed a report in for this issue already and that the developers are currently investigating into the cause of the issue.
    @Tombstone , You did not mention the damage part öt this bug in the bug list topic!
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    @turul That has been normal game functionality with trap and attack tiles. If a single strike tile could empower each individual attack tile, the power output for specific characters would skyrocket tremendously. 

One example of why it's not done this way, is simply Sentry and Storm (Mohawk). With Storm (Mohawk)'s Hailstorm placing 32 attack tiles and Sentry placing a single powerful strike tile. Ignoring Storm's base damage and only considering the damage added by Sentry, if Sentry was max level with his Strike tile providing 571 bonus damage, he would be adding 18,272 damage for when the 32 attack tiles apply their damage, and that's just with the boost from that one singular strike tile. And that's just turn one, the next turn if the strike tile isn't removed, it will continue to add on that damage to the legion of attack tiles that we're placed by storm.

As for the second issue you claimed from your first post, that is a known issue and is already being looked into by the developers. Additionally you can find that the reactive powers bug was already noted in the bug list and that there is already an open topic discussion that addresses this. Here's a link to that post if you need a shortcut to it: https://forums.d3go.com/discussion/61932/enemy-passives-erroneously-firing-in-wave-missions-merged-devs-aware/p1
  • Jaedenkaal
    Tombstone said:
    @turul That has been normal game functionality with trap and attack tiles. If a single strike tile could empower each individual attack tile, the power output for specific characters would skyrocket tremendously. 

One example of why it's not done this way, is simply Sentry and Storm (Mohawk). With Storm (Mohawk)'s Hailstorm placing 32 attack tiles and Sentry placing a single powerful strike tile. Ignoring Storm's base damage and only considering the damage added by Sentry, if Sentry was max level with his Strike tile providing 571 bonus damage, he would be adding 18,272 damage for when the 32 attack tiles apply their damage, and that's just with the boost from that one singular strike tile. And that's just turn one, the next turn if the strike tile isn't removed, it will continue to add on that damage to the legion of attack tiles that we're placed by storm.
    I'm not sure it's fair to say that this is "normal functionality" for trap tiles, since I'm pretty sure this is the only trap tile that does start-of-turn recurring damage.
    And we all understand why Attack tiles work that way, but... Elektra's trap functions more like the various Countdown powers that deal damage at the beginning of each turn. Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, as only one example. If two Crimson Band tiles are out at the same time, do they deal damage in one batch, or in two? (I don't actually know the answer to this)

The difference between Ballet of Death (Or Crimson Bands) and Hailstorm is that you have to spend AP each time to make the new trap tile; you're essentially firing the power twice. If I used any other power that did damage twice, I'd get twice the strike tile damage.

In fact, Ballet of Death is most similar to the "recurring" Countdown powers like Flame Jet, Hellfire, and Rocket's Pack. And those powers DO get strike tile damage added to each tile on the board (Well, Rocket's Pack doesn't, but only because you're only allowed one. It would likely work that way if you somehow got two out).

So if this is the intended functionality, then I think the working should be changed to something that more closely resembles Ant-Man's "Ants, Ants, Ants" passive effect. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,049 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well four months later and another Elektra is coming and..... We still don't have Ballet of Death stealing the proper amount of AP. It would be REALLY of good use now that the Defenders PvPs are coming around. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm surprised there's even a question of this being a bug or that the dev response isn't a flat "working as intended". Power wording is a bit off though. "If one exists, steal 1 Purple, Black, and Red AP and deal 654 damage at the beginning of every turn." It suggests that putting down another trap won't increase the steal, but it also suggests that a second trap shouldn't increase damage. Personally, I wouldn't expect the added steal to stack anyway. 2, 3, 4 or more AP from 3 differents pools every turn on a tile that you can't even see to stop it, plus increasing damage? That's a busted expectation. I know, Nightstalker stealing stacks, but that's on a tile you can see and only steals from 1 AP pool.
  • Jaedenkaal
    zodiac339 said:
    I'm surprised there's even a question of this being a bug or that the dev response isn't a flat "working as intended". Power wording is a bit off though. "If one exists, steal 1 Purple, Black, and Red AP and deal 654 damage at the beginning of every turn." It suggests that putting down another trap won't increase the steal, but it also suggests that a second trap shouldn't increase damage. Personally, I wouldn't expect the added steal to stack anyway. 2, 3, 4 or more AP from 3 differents pools every turn on a tile that you can't even see to stop it, plus increasing damage? That's a busted expectation. I know, Nightstalker stealing stacks, but that's on a tile you can see and only steals from 1 AP pool.
    Sure, Then they should at least update the wording to something like

"At the beginning of your turn, if any such tiles exist, deal 654 damage for each tile, and steal 1 Purple, Black, and Red AP ."

OTOH, Nightstalker tiles can't be overwritten by effects that create green special tiles; it must be explicitly removed, matched, or destroyed. Ballet of Death tiles can be removed simply by creating a bunch of red, black, and or purple special tiles, which isn't always difficult.

Plus, 4* powers should be better than 3* powers (if 3* Elektra is any indication).