Rocket and Groot green permanently changing (Intentional?)

zodiac339
zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
For Best Buds, I used Falcon on my team to have Redwing deal with strike and countdown tiles. Enemy used Don't PushThat Button, and Redwing eliminated the CD tile. Afterward, the power remained I Aaaaam Grooooot!, permanently giving the AI 2 matches per turn while Rocket was alive.
I read the power, and it does mention changing after the tile resolves or is matched. I wanted to make sure whether or not this power is working correctly. Is R4G's green supposed to change permanently if the CD is eliminated by a power rather than by matching?

Comments

• Lightning_Man
    Lightning_Man Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Same thing happened to me this morning.  Played against Groot with a teen Jean.  Jean wiped the countdowns away with her purple, but Groot kept getting a free turn.  I think Carol and Medusa (who were also on the enemy team) were also getting the passives from the countdowns permanently, but I can only confirm the Groot problem, since there is animation for his. 
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had the same issue after using Drax's black
  • zodiac339
    A post about Thano5's Infinite Power said the power stayed in I Aaam Groooot! mode after it resolved when Infinite Power was active. Cleanse, overwrite, and destroy could have been intentional, but now it sounds like a definite bug.
  • zodiac339
    edited May 2017
    @Tombstone When you're able, could you talk to the dev team about this power? I don't think they intended to allow this power to keep making the extra matches, since generating additional AP each turn seems like something they would avoid (based on Banner Hulk's design). The thing with it breaking when Infinite Power was out is definitely wrong, even if the other instances were intended.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Guys, I just wanted to let you know that most of these reports is normal gameplay functionality. To clarify, the Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)'s Don't Push This Button (Green) Countdown Tile must either be matched or expire naturally. Otherwise, the power will remain the I Aaaaam Grooooot! (Passive) power.

Regarding the other thread's post which you are referring to, the original poster was asking about Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)'s Rocket's Pack (Blue) Power and it's created countdown tile. Like all continuous countdown tiles (i.e.: Blade (Daywalker)'s Nightstalker (Black) or Human Torch (Johnny Storm)'s Flame Jet (Green) Powers), if their countdown reaches 0 while Thanos (The Mad Titan)'s Infinite Power (Purple) countdown tile is active, they are removed from the board. Their report was that they could not use Rocket's Pack (Blue) again afterwards, because the power said it was already active.

Can you confirm on your account that the I Aaaam Grooooot! (Passive) Power is not reverting to Don't Push This Button (Green) Power when the countdown expires while the Infinite Power (Purple) Countdown Tile is active? I'll discuss this report with the rest of the team, but it seems that this was caused by some confusion on the other thread regarding which power the original poster had been referring to. 
  • zodiac339
    Sorry. I did get confused about what power was being affected in the other post. Since it referred to Rocket's Pack, then I haven't seen Don't Push This Button interact with Infinite Power.
    I'm quite surprised that the passive I Aaaam Groooot! can remain the effect. I can foresee players exploiting the extra match and AP, random as it is, by setting the green to rank 3 and intentionally destroying it with things like Combined Forces line destruction, Mastermind Excello, Steve Rogers' shields, etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see the power to change to either not generate AP with Groot's match or to revert when there's no Countdown. Developers are probably gathering information now to figure out if they've broken their own game with this design.
    Thank you for the clarification.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Tombstone said:
    Hey Guys, I just wanted to let you know that most of these reports is normal gameplay functionality. To clarify, the Rocket & Groot (Awesome Mix Vol. 2)'s Don't Push This Button (Green) Countdown Tile must either be matched or expire naturally. Otherwise, the power will remain the I Aaaaam Grooooot! (Passive) power.
    Add me to the list of players who is concerned that this "intended" functionality is both A) very unintuitive, and B ) open to potential misuse.
  • zodiac339
    Tombstone said:
    Add me to the list of players who is concerned that this "intended" functionality is both A) very unintuitive, and B) open to potential misuse.
    Oops. The emote system thinks item B is actually a cool thing. Careful. They might think you want to abuse this function.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the concern, as there was a bit of miscommunication on our end.

I just spoke with the development team, and they said that it is in fact a bug. The ability should be reverting back to Don't Push This Button if the countdown tile is removed from the board. There is an active bug report, and the developers are working on a fix as we speak.
  • zodiac339
    Ah, the roller coaster this becomes. Hopefully this shows up in patch notes in a month or so. Thank you for your work Admins.