Can't backup my data

I got a new phone, and I haven't been able to backup my data by logging onto facebook for MONTHS.  Every time I try it says it has some sort of problem and kicks me out before I even get to the login screen.  I saw other people saying "install the facebook app" to fix the problem, but I can't do that either apparently, because I get a 505 error when I try to get it from the play store.  So, unless there's a way to fix it, I'm literally never playing again.  I have years of play of MPQ, and I'm not starting over.

Comments

• 10_EFX_01
    10_EFX_01 Posts: 91 Match Maker
    The only way is to have the FB app on the device and be logged in.
    The MPQ app then can back up and save.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey there, if you're having trouble recovering your account's saved data through Facebook, then you'll need to contact the Customer Support team so they can manually recover your progress. It might take a few days for them to process your request, but it'll be better than never playing again. 

You can contact them using this link: https://d3go.com/mpq-support
  • Lady Axe Face
    Lady Axe Face Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    It's not a matter of having trouble recovering my data through Facebook, I can't even get logged into Facebook. At this point I think I'm SOL because I discovered through internet research there's a flaw with the OS for the phone model of my old phone that will prevent the Facebook app from installing, and I also suspect that it might be what's causing MPQ to be unable to log into Facebook at all. =/ It's a Sony Xperia z5 compact I believe.

On the forums for Sony, I've seen others complaining, and a workaround to do a factory reset and install Facebook before updating the OS, but if I did that I'm afraid my data would get wiped anyways.  =/