Should D3go adjust their prices in 2.1 for BFZ and SOI?

Options
AngelForge
AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi everyone,

I think, no one would feel bad about lower prices in general. Maybe even D3go would be surprised that lower prices probably mean more customers and so even or more gross profit...
But this is not the focus of this poll, I'd like to know if you think that D3go should lower the prices of the packs that have left PvP rotation (for now that would be BfZ + expansion & SOI + expansion) when 2.1 goes life.

I hope the steps I offer are fine enough to mirror your opinion.

Happy voting!

Should D3go adjust their prices in 2.1 for BFZ and SOI? 47 votes

Yes, they should lower the prices by around 75%
34%
UltimadanEDHdadandrewvanmarleTherosMainloop25zoleszDologanfrostIvoryHoudinMrMoustacheFerdnanifsandbuts[Deleted User]_Daromax_UweTellkampfElimGarak 16 votes
Yes, they should lower the prices by around 50%
34%
Beastvoldcmassive13DragonSorcererMonkeynutts85GoldenTalonAngelForgeTilwin90JaffHandoverfisttheyrejustelvesInfestedLaeuftbeidirKyokudaiThuranDamienMburn7 16 votes
Yes, they should lower the prices by around 25%
10%
Rogan_JoshHomeRnridfrenzyvoodoo_gremlinPhase 5 votes
No
8%
khurramGandhiMachinewereotter 4 votes
Neutral
12%
span_argomanSteemejetnoctisTHEMAGICkMANSusstoastie 6 votes

Comments

• AngelForge
    Options
    In my opinion this should happen because D3go argues, that their new PVE mode should be there to achieve more cards (and runes... But these are not really important?). So, I hope, that the prizes will be from the actual set to give new players (ro even veterans would benefit from that of course) a chance to play PvP as well. But older sets offer the chance to get really powerful cards which will make life easier in PvE events.
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Neutral
    Prizes or prices? Really important difference. I believe it's meant to be prices but will withhold voting until the poll is changed. 
  • AngelForge
    Options
    @jetnoctis
    Thank you!
    I forgot to check if I had it right this time... I have to be more on guard! ;-)
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Neutral
    No opinion until we learn what options will be available for dupes.
  • theyrejustelves
    theyrejustelves Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would argue that they go back to the original pack sizes (600 for 14 packs).  Or if they want to keep the 300 cost, then 7 packs.
    I'm not opposed to the slow down per se, but since there is no way to get specific cards at this time I want the best chance we can get to expand our collections.
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Neutral
    I think prices are too high for most of the bundles (just sell me the damn card, I don't need all the other ****). The $4 3 card bundles on the other hand are excellent, great way to fill out a missing rare, never feel bad about buying one of those.

On the other hand, prices for packs are probably fine once duplicates aren't god awful. Until then pack prices are far too high.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yes, they should lower the prices by around 75%
    In general, I think that the cash prices they charge for this game are about 10 times larger than what I would consider to be reasonable. 

I don't necessarily think that Shadows or Zendikar should be much cheaper than Origins and Amonkhet.  Rather, all prices should be much lower.  You should be able to buy a complete set of an expansion block for about the price of a video game or board game at Wal-Mart ($20 to $40 or so).
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No
    Your view assumes that people only care about PvP events. All the old cards will be valid for PvE events which now will also be daily inclusions. Also consider events like Avacyn's Madness were PvE events that were also ranked, and you can see that even for competitive players, there will still be uses for those cards. 
  • AngelForge
    Options
    @wereotter
    You may be right about about the "wrongness" of this poll's focus, BUT I think a poll with the option "lower all prices" is pointless because anything else than that would be stupid from our customers point of view.

That why I came up with that. And I'm convinced, that packs that left rotation should be cheaper. You can use the new cards in PvE as well.
  • blacklotus
    blacklotus Posts: 589 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wereotter said:
    Your view assumes that people only care about PvP events. All the old cards will be valid for PvE events which now will also be daily inclusions. Also consider events like Avacyn's Madness were PvE events that were also ranked, and you can see that even for competitive players, there will still be uses for those cards. 
    PVE like Avacyn Madness will be changed in v2.1 to run like the current OGW event, unranked and progression stage rewards only. 
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    No
    wereotter said:
    PVE like Avacyn Madness will be changed in v2.1 to run like the current OGW event, unranked and progression stage rewards only. 
    Trial of Strength, or whatever it was called, will still be a ranked PvE encounter even if that's the case
  • blacklotus
    Options
    wereotter said:
    wereotter said:
    Trial of Strength, or whatever it was called, will still be a ranked PvE encounter even if that's the case
    And it will be in Standard format. 
  • AngelForge
    Options
    @blacklotus
    Is that guaranteed? 
    Did you read that somewhere in the forums?
  • blacklotus
    Options
    @blacklotus
    Is that guaranteed? 
    Did you read that somewhere in the forums?
    It is stated in the v2.1 pre-released notes.