Revisit Scaling for PVE Essential nodes

This has been lingering for quite awhile. Can you please revisit the scaling for PVE in General? I started this with my main concern for the 4* essential node. My team of 9k groot and 38k Strange, 44k Bolt- Even if i add Thanos, it still doesn't make the match go much faster ,  against a 60k moonstone and 48k Ares and Bullseye 71k juggernaut. . While this should be equivlent to my roster strength, this 2 vs 3 is not fair, because of how time and health pack intensive this match up is. 

this new character needs to have a lower scaling altogether or revisit scaling for the higher rosters.  If they are heroes in that 4* node, it takes many health packs and adds another 15 minutes to complete 3 clears at  level 440. I don't have Surfer or Logan, but that's besides the point.

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Those numbers you're quoting are HP, I'm assuming.

That'll be your high level 5*s causing that problem; my lvl 367 Carol (boosted from 271) and 131 Medusa had no trouble, along with a level 170-something 1/0/1 R&G. Most hitpoints I think I saw on those was 24k or so for Moonstone.

Would a 3rd 5* have enabled you to cruise through those 180k combined hit points? If not, then it's not the essential node scaling that's the problem, it's your 5* scaling in general. Also, I'd say Dr Strange is not ideal for nodes like that because not enough enemy powers are fired for you to get much mileage out of Flames of the Faltine. If you have a different 5* at the same level(ish) I'd recommend using them over Strange on a node like that.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hate scaling as a concept. It's such a lazy thing to do. And you find it everywhere - any RPG computer game suffers from the same problem. Look at the acclaimed Witcher 3. When you reach level 40-50 the bandits should just **** their pants when they see you - but no, they are now lvl 50 bandits that can (sort of) give a fight to an evolved and high level Witcher. A joke!

It's the same in MPQ. Let's scale this Moostone and Ares to super high level so that the 5* has equal problem dealing with them as the 2* of the beggining players (with the difference being time needed to heal you main team; so in reality - 5* guys is punished for playing a lot). 

I am waiting for the announced scaling fix (tying it to the Clearence level) but the recent changes don't have my hopes up.

ps. and this is from a 4* player. Having boosted 4* with good combo/synergies makes the fights easier then they are for the 3* or 5* players. Still sometimes I feel punished for invested time.
  • Rador
    Rador Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    I agree with exactly what you are saying magic. My biggest problem with the scaling is time invested in game. At start of playing this game I could clear all nodes and reach top 25 in each event. Now almost 2 years later I am suffering a grind of 4 hours or more per day just to get to top 25. Why? Because of scaling and having played the game investing my time to collect a better roster and finally having 3 of the very first 5*s at champion level. Now I am faced with way over the top high level goons that spit out AP so fast it would make your head spin and their attacks do the following: almost 1 shot a 5* or spit out 2 strike tiles adding 4k of damage or deal 30K combined damage to my team as an aoe.
    I realize the scaling is there to help new players gain rewards and progression... but why are seasoned players punished.
    Next problem is if d3 is out to protect and help it be "fair" for newer players... what are they doing about those players with 5* characters that soft cap level. This is where you collect full covers for a 5* but do not level said 5* past level 370 meaning you have full clears for all nodes 7 or even 8 times in a day in under 2 hours without having to use health packs or AP starters. Plus if a new character wants to PVP in a scaled playing field who does he face as opponents who will always win - thats right 5* rosters with soft capped teams.
    For 1 week while the non scaling was being tested - I got to play this game when the new system was trialed spending under 2 hours for full node clears x8 and get some progression and was happy and felt I was rewarded as a seasoned player. I am sure the biggest complaints about the trial were all coming from those players either selling all 5* covers to stay in the shallow end of the pool or the players with 5* soft capped teams.
    In conclusion RPGs are about progression not punishment for progression.