What to do about Jessica Drew?

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,916 Chairperson of the Boards
So if I can hold on to top 5 PVE, I get 3 SW covers.  Which would bring my SW up to 2/6/4 and the progressional makes her 3/6/4.  Two more Thanos levels is 3/7/4.  I only have about 30K Iso and a 2* Farm in need of repairing and a Riri dying on the vine as is (I've committed to selling her).  I could continue to ignore the farm (currently sitting on about 300 standards and 300 elites because my farm needs Iso before I can pull covers), grind to champ SW and:

1) Buy the last purple cover outright
2) Dip into my hoard of 18 heroics, 6 legendaries, and 620 CP and try to pull her. (my fear with this option is pulling more waste or someone I want to champ more than her (I.e. Luke Cage).

3) Sell the extra purples and ignore her as she rots in vaulted hell.  This allows me to stack Iso, replenish the farm and continue to hoard until I have the Iso to champ someone else.

What would you do?

Comments

• abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    What I would do is dependent upon the rest of my roster. Would she be one of your first 4* champs? Do you need another middling 4* champ? Do you find her fun to play? If you answer yes to any of these questions, then I'd go ahead and commit to it. The surest way of doing that is to just spend the 120CP, but you can take the risk of pulling and if you get somebody you want more, you have already answered the question :smile: And I would certainly take cage over her.

Personally, I am always looking for characters that have something unique that makes them fun to play. For Spider-Woman, that is certainly her purple, her black is unusual (better than Electra's in my view because it protects the team), and her red is.... OK but nothing special. All in all, I would lean towards champing her (and I did in a slightly better position than you're in now since I had the ISO banked when I pulled 3 extra covers for her).

I assume you're not worried about getting the ISO in 2 weeks; if you are, that changes the thought process.

The *safe* thing to do is #3. She is not life altering, but I do smile every time she dives for cover (and it seems that you'll get that animation every. single. turn. when you use her black).

Hope that helps
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine is maxed covered at 5-4-4, but in a similar situation. Have a purple and black on the vine. Getting another black from simulator. 

Back of the brain says champ her, but my gut says roster the two black and sell for profit then apply that last purple. Let her leave tokens and keep focusing on applying my 14th Blade. 

Even if I champ her and apply those 3 covers, she'll just sit at 273 because I'm hoarding CP until the next two 4 stars enter the latest.
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    @abominatrix, here's my other champs:

Ant-Man (Scott Lang)
    Blade (Modern)
    Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers)
    Deadpool (Uncanny X-Force)
    Iron Man (Hulkbuster)
    Jean Grey (All New X-Men)
    Miles Morales (Spider-Man)
    Nova (Sam Alexander)
    Peggy Carter (Captain America)
    Red Hulk (Thunderbolt Ross)
    Sam Wilson (Captain America)
    Star-Lord (Legendary Outlaw
    The Hulk (Totally Awesome)
    The Punisher (MAX)
    Wasp (Janet Van Dyne)
    Wolverine (X-Force)
    X-23 (All New Wolverine)

So only two Latest (Carol/Blade)

Here's the cover distribution for the rest:
    1. Luke Cage (533) [12]
    2. Gwenpool (423) [9]
    3. Agent Venom (454) [13]
    4. Medusa (431) [8]
    5. Riri Williams (335) [13]
    6. Mordo (522) [9]
    7. Agent Coulson (153) [9]
    8. Iron Fist (222) [6]
    9. Cloak & Dagger (011) [2]
  • Daredevil217
    Options
    Nevermind. I ended up falling asleep and didn't get top 10 because I didn't do my final grinds. Problem solved itself I guess. This really sucks. Thanks for the help though.