Can we get this weekly?

Options
Daiches
Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
Almost 20k ISO and a 4star cover for 5 minutes of play and repeatable nodes to try out fun teams? Can we get these one shot events every week?

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    C'mon - be realistic. Ones a month would already be awesome. We also should have a boss event at least once a month. I think having two special events like this would make a lot of players happy.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:
    C'mon - be realistic. Ones a month would already be awesome. We also should have a boss event at least once a month. I think having two special events like this would make a lot of players happy.

Ask for more than you think they will do. Then when they give only a bit, it will be closer to what you expected. 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic said:

It seems the current model is to have a boss event when there's a new fivestar release, so every six weeks or so. I find that acceptable. I certainly wouldn't want more boss event if it means more fivestar releases.
  • Magic
    Options
    Agreed Quebbster - if the boss event means new 5* release then we don't need them more often. Sadly.

And sure - boss events lower the ISO flow but they are heavy on the cover/token side and much less grindy. And it's fun to bring everybody in the alliance on board.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    What if we got this every DDQ cycle with an event featuring the Crash of the Titans character?  Everyone would have a chance to get a random cover for the featured character, while well-developed rosters would still get the Legendary Token from the Crash.  The "cost" to the dev's in terms of a single 4* and some iso shouldn't ruin purchasing I wouldn't think. Writing five node's worth of dialogue shouldn't be too much effort and the side event could set up thematically why the matchup in the Crash is taking place.  Win-win for everyone in my book.  
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Definitely wouldn't want more often boss events, simply because of the one start and finish time. Its inconvenient for me having to do clears at 1am or before 9am. 

More of these little side events would definitely be welcome though. 
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Great little event - new art, new dialog, and surprisingly generous rewards. I was expecting a 3* Star Lord as the final prize, so grabbing a Green Rocket & Groot 4-star was a nice surprise. Thanks!
  • ajfahre
    ajfahre Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Spiderman Homecoming is going to be out in Theaters in Early July.  If this game continues the idea of promoting MCU movies I could see a big release event happening at the same time.  
  • Magic
    Options
    Not sure how it fits in the plans. It's a movie that Marvel doesn't control completely (Sony involvement) and it would stretch the 5* release schedule. Star-Lord was announce on 24 April which coincided with a release week of the movie in many countries (it was release couple of weeks later in US). Spiderman global release is around 5-7 July. So it gives us 11 weeks. Doubt they will wait that long with another 5*. 

Still - highly likely that we will get the cinematic 5* spider-man. So maybe they will squeeze two releases in this window.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    We're due another fivestar release after Gamora. They could do a fivestar Drax then.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    We're due another fivestar release after Gamora. They could do a fivestar Drax then.
    No. Hard pass. I really hope you were trying to be sarcastic about that.
    Though, they could go with Drax, the Pacifist...
    No.

I'd hope for a mini-event to go with the end of the Agents of SHIELD season. Coulson's event has been "to be continued" for months.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    No, I am not expecting another Drax at the moment. I have no real guesses about who the next fivestar may be.
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options

I'd be happy with boss events that run concurrent to other pve that don't have particularly attractive rewards.  They're more fun to play with the alliance, and tying them to rewards people feel they cant afford to pass up just causes more rigid play and restructuring some of the lower rosters out of the alliance.

That said, I'm happy with the frequency of the one-off pves and boss events these past few months.

• Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Options
    *Moving this over to Suggestions and Feedback as it is better served there*
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would love more of these. I've done really well out of them so far, managing to snag exactly the colour I needed for both Coulson and R&G. Even without that, tho, they're a great little diversion and shakeup from the usual.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Quebbster said:
    No, I am not expecting another Drax at the moment. I have no real guesses about who the next fivestar may be.

The tier is still missing Thor from "core" Avengers lineups. I know Ragnarok on the horizon, but it's a long time to wait. Of course, we got a 5* Panther already, so perhaps someone from the extended roster - SWitch, Vision, GiAnt Man, etc.

I'd say it's more likely going to be a developer choice - probably something that we don't expect.

• BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Magic said:
     Spiderman global release is around 5-7 July. So it gives us 11 weeks. Doubt they will wait that long with another 5*. 

Still - highly likely that we will get the cinematic 5* spider-man. So maybe they will squeeze two releases in this window.
    Will take literally ANYTHING other than another damn Spider-man.  :(
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Magic said:
     Spiderman global release is around 5-7 July. So it gives us 11 weeks. Doubt they will wait that long with another 5*. 

Maybe we can get one of his villains as a 5*? Who's it gonna be in Homecoming? I try to avoid any trailers/spoilers
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Spider-man already has a 5* version (and a 3* version for that matter) So I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

We don't have a 4* Peter Parker, so there's a chance of that, I suppose.
  • BlackWidower
    BlackWidower Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Skrofa said:

Maybe we can get one of his villains as a 5*? Who's it gonna be in Homecoming? I try to avoid any trailers/spoilers
    According to IMDb it's The Vulture
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2250912/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Haven't been a fan of Spider-Man since I stopped wearing pajamas (7 or something), so have no clue who that is.

Spider-man already has a 5* version (and a 3* version for that matter) So I'd say that's pretty unlikely.

We don't have a 4* Peter Parker, so there's a chance of that, I suppose.
    Ugh, I would seriously rather have an Aunt May cover.