Playing on multiple devices that are out of sync

Options
Moon Roach
Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards

Here's something that's happened a few times.

I play on my Nexus 9 in the morning.  This morning I got CP from hitting 575 in Deadpool giving me a total of 25, so I spent 20 on a classic legendary token and got Agent Venom, Ah well, it's another champion level.  I closed the game, and went to work.

10 am local time is when my VIP reward appears, and my daily reward is available.  At about 11 I went for a comfort break, taking my phone with me.  I opened the game, and found I still had 25 CP.  The last transactions had not made their way to the server.  I did exactly the same as this morning and bought a classic legendary token, unsurprisingly getting exactly the same Agent Venom cover.

Every time this has happened, and that's probably a dozen times so far, I've done the same as before.  My worry is that one day I'll buy the wrong token in error.  My bigger worry is that this would be detected as cheating and I'll be sandboxed or worse.

My question, what would happen if I did buy the wrong thing?

Comments

• Jwhitmire36
    Jwhitmire36 Posts: 52 Match Maker
    Options
    I have had similar happen a couple of times now.  I'll open tokens on my iOS device in the morning, then later open the game on my Android phone and I still have all my tokens.  Eerily I reopen the tokens and get all the same covers.  I also will play nodes in DDQ on one device, but then on other device the nodes still show open, but my point total is correct.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have had similar happen a couple of times now.  I'll open tokens on my iOS device in the morning, then later open the game on my Android phone and I still have all my tokens.  Eerily I reopen the tokens and get all the same covers.  I also will play nodes in DDQ on one device, but then on other device the nodes still show open, but my point total is correct.
    Nothing eerie about the token pulls, they are pre-determined and fixed.
    You will always get the same pulls.

What would happen to you, Moon... you'd get a cover from latest, and the next classic you open after that will be Agent Venom.

Just make sure to force close before switching devices. It'll help most of the time.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options

Same here this morning and last night.  I didn't notice the lag before the latest r126 update on my iPhone, but it doesn't seem to be talking to the server as fast. I made a purchase for Hero Points on my Android so I can use my Google Play balance, but when I switch back to my iPhone it's not showing up.

• Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    OK, I just logged back into my Android device and my HP are gone!!!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You can also play a match to force your account to sync. I believe you can even retreat if you don't have time to play through an entire match.