365days. A casual return.

Marine8394
Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
In November of 2013 I installed the infant version of this game. I was thrilled. A version of a game with comic book heroes of my youth. I had comics that I read, but had to hide them at my aunt's place because my parents thought they were evil. Getting caught was painful. Anyway. 
It was awesome! Three match, earning, a great past time. But it had its pains. Bug, bugs, bugs! Oh yeah more than now. I remember single digit patches. The one thing I remember most is there were walls. Hero points were precious. Very precious. Slots were hard to come by. Tokens were hard to earn. You truly had to spend to advance if you wanted to stay even or competitive.
I hated that, but I stuck with it, and crafted a very nice roster. But by November 2015 a malaise had set in. Two years of grinding had taken its toll. Not to mention scaling was just a massive stone tied around ones neck. I plodded on, but shortly after champs, I was done. I was completely burned out. I uninstalled. It didn't bother me. No withdrawal.
After a few months though I did miss the game. So I decided to return. But CASUALLY! and only in a casual sense. V.I.P. was introduced, and only actual deals would make spend. There have been only two occasions when I considered the sale of HP a viable purchase. Other than that type of spending, I earned everything else. I play when I want, as much as I feel like. I am currently ignoring whichever P.V.E is running. I dabble in PVP occasionally, ddq I do everyday. I mainly play P.V.E though. So here comes the roster. I didn't add my 2* farm animals. 4* were a selective group. Just the ones I liked, work well, or I could afford to roster. I mainly concentrated on casual transition. I have almost all 3* collected and champed. Some I didn't keep because I just do not like them at all. But I will add them eventually. Maybe Sentry, maybe. 
I have no 5* stars on my roster. In fact I only have had two to contemplate placing on my roster in the entirety of the year. Black Widow, and recently Star Lord. That is not a misprint. In one year of playing only two. Now I can't hoard, no I really just cannot. And I don't care about 5* for now.
Dr. Strange 3* lvl 206
3Cap 204
Black Panther 3* 191
Sprocket 3* 189
BWGS 188
Deadpool 3* 187
Kamala 3*187 would love to see a 4* variant.
Blade3*186
Quick Silver 3*185
Luke Cage3*182
3Mags 182
Iron Fist 3*181
Iron Man40 179
Hulk 3* 179
Squirrel Girl 177
StormMo 176
Wolverine Patch176
Bullseye 3*174
Mystique 174
Switch 174
Daken3*173
Beast 172
Spidey3*171
Human Torch3*169
Loki169
CapMarv3*167
Doc Doom3*167 why no boss fight? 4* variant?
Hawkeye3*167 took less than a week to champ!
D.Devil166
3Thor140
Gamora140
Pun3*130
Sam Wilson3*117
Doc Oc127
Sheulk114
StarLord3*114
Vision114
Colossus 104
Pyslocke102
Rags78
Hood78
4* land.
Nova172
Hulkbuster147
Capmarvel131
Luke Cage 131
Rulk131
Madusa 111
Spider Woman 111
Wasp106
Agent Coulson94
Ant Man90
Peggy 90
4Clops86
Riri76
X23. 78
Blade4. 74
Iron Fist74
Cloakndagger70
Devil Dino 70
Deadpool 70
Teen Jean70
Kingpin 70
The Prof70
Winter Soldier 70

Comments

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP said:
    What was the purpose of this post? Announcing your return? If so, welcome back.. I guess.

I think it's meant to show that if you play casual, you can be ok with casual rewards since you don't earn enough resources. A counterpoint to all the casuals posting they can't progress?
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I never had a chance to finish the post. Yes it's about casual play, but more importantly, in two years of play my roster would not have looked like this one. Take Luke Cage. In all the time I originally had him he sat at 1/1/2. I could never seem to get a cover for him. There were others, but he was my past unicorn.
    The point being is I spent far less since coming back and still progressed faster. I receive far and away more covers, and have the ability to gain more, in more ways than just over a year ago. And without the tedium of grinding. I believe the game has advanced, not to where I would like it, but to a point where new, and old players have opportunity like never before. Yes they once again curtailed those opportunities, but in a way I guess I am beginning to see the why. I just believe now if I spent as I did in the past, and the way 4* covers were falling for a while, I would have easily been halfway through the 4* transition by now. 
  • MissChinch
    MissChinch Posts: 509 Critical Contributor

I'm glad for you good experience.

I also don't think we can draw any conclusions about any specifics from it, virtually every variable changed since 2013, drastically more resources in general, drastically more heroes, completely different models for both pvp and pve, different scheme for drawing heroes...

I would certainly understand liking this version of the game over the version you played back in 2013.  Good luck moving forward.