Iso shortage

Mjsleftglove
Mjsleftglove Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
I know that this complaint pops up a lot but the struggle for iso is real. Maybe an increase to the pve node awards and pvp battle bonus. At least for the clearance level 8.

Comments

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    The SHIELD rank should offer more ISO as well. And the prices should be lower as well.

The motherload ISO buy costs half the minimum wage in my country; it can be however earned in about 2 days of intense playing and it hardly enough to even level up a 5* with 2 covers.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    It's not an actual shortage. It's the amount of grind you have to do everyday to get the iso.

If we assume that you are a Sl8-eligible player with some (or multiple) 4* championed then the ISO flow can exceed 35-40k per day (some players say it's up to 60k but I guess only when you factor in the farm selling and the level up, which I don't in my calculations).

So getting 35k a day allows you to champion another 4* every 10 days (on a 14 days release schedule). This means that every two weeks you might champion an old 4* while keeping up with the new releases. Being able to stay ahead of schedule of releases kind of means that the iso is there.

But here comes the issue. It takes lots of time to grab it. You need to play the PvE at minimum 4 times (might need to green check for extra 1,5k iso per day and also XP to boost the level). Obviously DDQ to get full rewards. PvP as high as possible with limited skips and boosts (so anything between 650 and 900 to get that number). Lighting rounds when they are there. Have the farm ready to get the rewards that can fuel iso (I know that 2* farm is slightly negative but you get 3* covers that could bring ISO as champions levels and tokens). And of course you need the intercepts (on a good day that can bring over 10k iso, on average will be closer to 5k). This probably means over 2 hours a day (and more when there are Lightning rounds but each is good for 2k iso if you join early). 
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    It's not an actual shortage. It's the amount of grind you have to do everyday to get the iso.

If we assume that you are a Sl8-eligible player with some (or multiple) 4* championed then the ISO flow can exceed 35-40k per day (some players say it's up to 60k but I guess only when you factor in the farm selling and the level up, which I don't in my calculations).

So getting 35k a day allows you to champion another 4* every 10 days (on a 14 days release schedule). This means that every two weeks you might champion an old 4* while keeping up with the new releases. Being able to stay ahead of schedule of releases kind of means that the iso is there.

But here comes the issue. It takes lots of time to grab it. You need to play the PvE at minimum 4 times (might need to green check for extra 1,5k iso per day and also XP to boost the level). Obviously DDQ to get full rewards. PvP as high as possible with limited skips and boosts (so anything between 650 and 900 to get that number). Lighting rounds when they are there. Have the farm ready to get the rewards that can fuel iso (I know that 2* farm is slightly negative but you get 3* covers that could bring ISO as champions levels and tokens). And of course you need the intercepts (on a good that can bring over 10k iso, on average will be closer to 5k). This probably means over 2 hours a day (and more when there are Lightning rounds but each is good for 2k iso if you join early). 

Farming is fairly ISO neutral, you actually lose a tiny bit of ISO each time you restart the farm. It's Worth it, but it shouldn't be included in the Daily ISO calculations.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's why I don't include it but I think that players who say they earn on average 60k per day include the fact that they flip the farm (and this is where they are wrong in the calculation). I believe 30-40k is the number you can get out of the current system. But it takes lots of work.
  • Mordee
    Mordee Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Double ISO events should be fine with me.  
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    The Backup Plan event looks promising.