Which character seems to have it in for you personally?

PuceMoose
PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
By which I mean, is there a character in the game that *always* seems to deal more damage to you than you'd expect during a match, or activates abilities over and over despite your best efforts to deny their ability to accumulate the necessary AP for their rude behavior?

For me it's definitely 3* Human Torch - No matter what I do, it seems that he always gets to fire each of his powers at least once in a fight, regardless of how rigorously I chase his colors or try to bring him down quickly. This was highlighted to me by the current Crash, where my 188 4/4/0 Thing has been melted into a gelatinous mineral-scented paste on no fewer than a dozen tries. Even though I meticulously chased black he managed to get Inferno off by round seven in every single attempt. 

I am also reminded of a wild cursing spree that he's caused on not one, not two, but three occasions where I was fighting him with Wasp, and his fireball eliminated each of my protect/strike tiles despite there being 10+ red on the board. 

Anyway, just curious what opponents you seem to consistently be menaced by, despite your best efforts at preparation or strategy. 

Comments

• SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Daredevil's radar sense always takes me by surprise for some reason. But Logan, Dr. Strange and Khamala Khan are the worst to fight against, since they heal their teams.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Bolt
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Mystique. Just seems to run rampant on me Everytime. Squirrel Girl. Furry friends never works that way for me! Ever.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Moonstone must die. Sometimes I even kill her before Ares, just out of spite.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hand Iceman my lunch money before I even get on the bus. Just seems like no matter how hard I try, the AI grabs up all the blues and greens on the board and beats me to a pulp as I just sit there and watch.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    3* Storm.
    Seems that no matter what I do she always manages to get 9 black. Somehow.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rhulk always makes me need 3 healthpacks, whether he only claps me once or somehow ends up clapping me two or three times.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Teen Jean.  I always underestimate how much her AoE is going to do, forget that she removes my specials, and frequently cascade into a team-stunning match 5 when she's around..  I avoid her unless the match is worth significantly more than the available field.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Whenever I play as Hood, the only thing I steal is the one or two colors I have zero use for. Either colors I don't have covered, colors in only have passives for, or colors for powers I don't want to use. On top of that, I swear that his yellow costs 5ap when he's played by the AI. 

Also, I know he's new, but Baby Groot REALLY likes to match away all my special tiles and make cascades. Every time I used R&G green this last event, that adorable little tree-boy would just go nuts. I'm kind of of two minds on this, because yay for AP, but boo-urns to losing special tiles.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine are 3* Magneto and 5* Black Widow.

Magneto ALWAYS launches his powers multiple times per match no matter how much I stack my team against him or how fast I burn him. I could roll with OBW, Hood and Wasp and by turn 5 red and blue are flying all over, TU tiles are exploding and half the board is cheesy protect tiles. Also, OBW is dead and Hood is on life support.

Widow isn't quite as bad, but I always underestimate how much damage her powers do, as well as forget that she can wipe out special tiles and do that stun-retaliation thing. It makes for way more mid-match reversals of fortune than I'd like.
  • Impaxcible1
    Impaxcible1 Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Well, my dear friend Bullseye seriously gets on my RESERVE nerve... :/
  • Milk Jugz
    Milk Jugz Posts: 1,122 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ares- no matter what I do he will get that yellow off once, twice, even three times in a match.....
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Dr. Doom - I now take him first every time I see him but he will fire his purple at least 2 times regardless of what I do.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ragnarok always fires his red and blue during a match - I usually don't care because they're weak.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    It's rarely the toons I'm facing directly--I'm almost always prepared for what they can do. It's the team-ups I don't pay attention to, and damn me to hell if I haven't been stared to death by Ghost Rider a dozen times...
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Daken,  heals, strike tiles,  2000 damage over and over again
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't matter what I do, Red Hulk wrecks me. His red always causes a cascade, and his purple and green will fire at least twice a match. Then it's 3 health packs before your next match.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,157 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    So many Choices!

2-star is Moonstone. If I bring in a special tile maker, she hoards black and steals them. If I don't, she hoards the purple and Gravity Warp smacks me down. Bullseye is a close second, as those protect tiles really slow the game down.

3-star is definitely Dr Doom, as his blue turning everything to black causes six attack tiles to appear and start wrecking my team. Second place goes to Deadpool because I continually experience the "Oops...I forgot about his Life of the Party ability." when trying to take someone else down. Honorable mention here is Loki, since his Illusions always seem to do so much more matching than mine do.

4-star is Jean Grey, especially with my uncanny ability to get unplanned Match-5 whenever she's on the opposing team. Second is Prof X, who always seems to place his Invisibility tile as far away from any other purple tiles on the board as mutantly possible. Carnage, especially when boosted, is essentially an Auto-Skip.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I would opt to make a little modification to the criteria: "always costs you a health pack". And for me, this is 3*Cyclops. He always manages to fire his red or his black, and brings one of my team members to imminent death.