Riri Williams in Meet R&G useless?

Options
qandols
qandols Posts: 1,160 Chairperson of the Boards
Her blue have no use at all in those loaner nodes. Her green is better saved for R&G and if you do not get red, what use is she?  :/

Comments

• dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With how low the levels of the opponents are, why would you chase 12 green for r&g when 8 green will take out one enemy and strike-tile enhanced match damage will take out the rest.  If your riri is too low level to be useful, well, bobby and carol would probably be just as useless. 
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    She hits quite hard actually. Sure, her blue is niche use, but both her red and her green hit for about 15k and have extra upside.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Yeah, her blue is no use in a lot of situations, but her red and green are awesome. I champed her last week, and both her useful colours can one-shot the enemies in the loaner node. How she performs in the essential node will depend on your scaling, but I've been pleasantly surprised.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I ran her with Black Bolt and her blue became way more useful, especially against Muscles. Move their strike tiles to the centre, use BB's green to destroy the centre rows.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    My Riri is level 291, boosted to 396.  Her red hits for an absurd 26k. And while her green only hits for 12.6k, if it kills someone, she gets thrown into the air so she's not affected by Thanos' Court Death.  So she has 1 situational skill, there's lots of characters that can make that claim.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm using her constantly.  Paired with my champed Carnage and Medusa, it's quick work for everyone.  Her blue is quite useful -- pulling Carnage's oppo tiles to the middle usually matches one or more of them, which means quick AP for me.

Don't start throwing around "this is useless" unless you've got a full roster and know how to use all your characters.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I want to like Riri, I just don't know what they were thinking with her blue. Situational is fine but...I think it's *way* too situational. at five covers it moves 10 special tiles, that seems like a lot. Even at three covers, moving 6 seems like enough. I'd happily see an extra effect added to the move if they cut back on how many tiles she moves.

Doesn't just need to be damage either. Maybe rebalance it so she moves fewer but locks more?

I dunno...it's a move that does well when paired with someone I guess.

**Removed reference to inappropriate post - Ducky
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I found Riri surprisingly useful. Her blue against Doom was great - pull a bunch of his red attack tiles to the center and have them all match to power her Red. I paired her with IM40 to charge her up and StarLord so her Red cost 9 and her Green cost 6. One recharge and the match was pretty close to over.

Granted when Red Hulk is also buffed he was generally the preferred choice, but a buffed Red Hulk is better than most everyone else. 
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find "if you don't get AP to use her powers she's useless" to be a really shallow argument. That argument applies to most characters in this game.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't have her champed yet and I've been pretty unexcited about her up until now.  With her boosted  I was able to appreciate her red hitting pretty hard and leaving a countdown tile that helped out Carol's passive, her green hitting not quite as hard but throwing people airborne and her blue pulling all of Dr Doom's stupid red attack tiles to the center.  She's no top 10 character but I won't regret when I do champ her now.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Meet R&G really is a bad event for her. Basically no enemy specials besides countdowns, which she can't affect for no good reason. I maintain that if her blue affected countdowns, she'd become way more useful overnight. A way to destroy the tiles she moves to the center would also help.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was thinking that situational powers such as Riri's Blue should have a condition that if there are no special tiles for them to interact with, they should just do something more straight-forward, such as damage an enemy. There are some recent characters like that, so that their powers always do something, no matter what.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ^^^ I was thinking the same just the other day, when I was looking at Star Lord's Something Bad, which does have an option like that.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I was using her for the first couple chapters outside the essential, but switched to Miles later. After a Hammer and Anvil, rank 5 Venom Blast was a more efficient finisher, despite how satisfying 20K+ damage is. Unfortunate most special tiles are on random colors outside the 3* tier, though it'll work vs a Nova/X-23. This is why she's set at 3/5/5, just like Dr. Strange is a natural 5/3/5.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc said:
    I find "if you don't get AP to use her powers she's useless" to be a really shallow argument. That argument applies to most characters in this game.
    Except the best ones ;) That's why auto-damage characters are rated so highly. Look no further than Medusa, Iron Fist, and Black Bolt.