Theme decks

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
How is everyone finding the theme decks? Are they a worthwhile addition to the game? Or do you find, like me, that they just mean you can't read the names of your own decks on the deck selection screen?

Theme decks 29 votes

I play with the theme decks
3%
Scotcamp 1 vote
I do not play with the theme decks
89%
UltimadanmadwrenshteevsjechuaandrewvanmarleMainloop25ironerridfrenzyGandhijetnoctisOminakoturavoodoo_gremlinAngelForgewereotterUweTellkampfDelnaiOrionStarborisbladeElfNeedsFooddeletedgone 26 votes
I am a neutral option
6%
EDHdadTHEMAGICkMAN 2 votes

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am a neutral option
    I'll admit, I just wanted to be a neutral option. Just for the heck of it. I've actually used one of them once, and the exta runes from the begginer decks was welcomed. 
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Since I have only beginner decks, I didn't see any chance to play one of these.
  • shteev
    Options
    Oh, they do also mean that I have to name my decks so they show up first in the deck roster without having to use the filter...

• Thuran
    Thuran Posts: 456 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Not played any of them, mostly because I don't have the cards to play them
  • Mburn7
    Mburn7 Posts: 3,427 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They all require exclusive mythics that I have not paid to get.  So I can't play with them.  (Although it is sad to see how many uncommons I'm missing as well despite the large number of packs I've opened)
  • shteev
    Options
    I'll admit, I just wanted to be a neutral option. Just for the heck of it. I've actually used one of them once, and the exta runes from the begginer decks was welcomed. 
    I've always thought of you as a neutral option :)
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am a neutral option
    I would play with Theme Decks if there was an event where you played only with Theme Decks of the same power level, especially if they let you play with cards you do not own for the duration of the event.

Helpful hint:  play test your deck in Training Grounds and win 5 games in a row.   If you don't win 5 games in a row, tweak your deck until you do.   In your deck name, put the average number of turns it took for you to win.

Example:  "06.8 Koth Goodstuff" or "07.2 Drowner Combo".

This way, you are always favoring decks which are fast, but also resilient.