PVE ties and why they are not scored like golf?

Options
Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
Right now it seems ties are based on how fast someone got to the score. So if you got to 11983 and 3 other people got that same score faster you are now 4th. Seems fair. Wait, not it doesn't, it seems arbitrary. Why not let everyone with the same score get the same rank?  Sort of like golf in which if you have 5 people all -2 and that is the highest score they are all listed as 1st.

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    At the end of the sub it doesn't really matter anyway because i don't think that more than two people will manage to get the exact same score due to their timing. And that is where it matters, not at the end of the first four clears. There will always be a point or two difference between players, even if they do play optimally.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The developers don't want to give out too many prizes, so they need some kind of tiebreaker to determine who gets the shinies. Play speed is as good a tiebreaker as any - If you and me both clear the same nodes but you did it slightly faster I'd say you played the better game and deserve the better placement more.
    Also, if you cleared faster that means you are in a better position for the final grind as your nodes will have regenerated more points, the scoreboard reflects this slight edge.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree with you but be careful when you say clearing faster means they are better and deserve the placement more. The 5* crowd has always been against soft cappers whom main reason to do so, is speed.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie said:
    I agree with you but be careful when you say clearing faster means they are better and deserve the placement more. The 5* crowd has always been against soft cappers whom main reason to do so, is speed.
    I suppose you have a point there. If we get the advertised SCL-based scaling I hope that particular problem might cease to exist.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Handle ties as it's done in College Football!  Have a special 25 min sub open with no node rewards. If there is a tie after that do another until tie is broken!

Problem solved :smile: