Bring back a Modified QB and keep Training Grounds

Options
ROYGBV00
ROYGBV00 Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
Now hear me out...I'm a paying customer (maybe a "whale"?), so...

I like that the Training Grounds are there, with a bit of an incentive with the Crystals after you win four matches, *but* there isn't a feasible way to farm runes now to level up my PW's.  This is UNACCEPTABLE!

My solution would be to reinstate QB, keep the 300 rune reward for wins...or better yet, INCREASE the rune rewards for wins, BUT remove the awesome prizes like Mythics for the top winners.  

Thie serves two purposes:  the top players who already grinded enough runes won't have to bother winning those top rewards anymore, and the newer players can grind out the runes to level up their PW's and still get practice in.  And if the top players want to continue grinding runes for any new PW's that are introduced, they can still do it.

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Or just bring back QB how it was before and add the progression rewards.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree. 
    I think D3 made a mistake in removing QB. That is so far my one gripe with 2.0.
    I like Training Grounds but it is not worth playing after the fourth match.
    Give us both. I wouldn't mind if they removed the rankings and mythic rewards from QB and I like the idea of adding progression rewards. So long as I have a place to grind runes consistently and can see my personal win/loss stats.
  • Dirty_Dare2356
    Dirty_Dare2356 Posts: 1 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Also the QB was the best way to keep playing when there were no active events and to help grind on color mastery. Right now there is no training grounds and only 1 event with all my PWs in 3 hour cool down timer. So I'm not playing, not thinking about spending any $ on a game I can't play.
  • ninjadinosir
    ninjadinosir Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    seriously. Having training grounds give out 300 runes should be a minimum. It would still be significantly less worth it than it used to but it would at least be decent for grinding...which IMO was the main purpose of QB...
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I see the reduction to 100 runes as one of two possibilities

1) An overreaction that will eventually be corrected

2) An indication that runes are somehow going to gain in value.

I'm frankly very apprehensive of (2) happening when a few players have so many runes banked up.
  • ROYGBV00
    Options
    Ohboy said:
    I see the reduction to 100 runes as one of two possibilities

1) An overreaction that will eventually be corrected

2) An indication that runes are somehow going to gain in value.

I'm frankly very apprehensive of (2) happening when a few players have so many runes banked up.
    Yeah...it would make the rich get richer.  

I AM TIRED OF GRINDING FOR DUAL-COLORED PW's NOW!
  • Tempus
    Tempus Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    +1 this thread.

QB should never have been removed.  Training Grounds is fine as an addition, but wholly inadequate as a replacement.  Among other issues, the loss of rune income is unfair for new players.
  • ROYGBV00
    Options
    Grinding THOUSANDS of games, just for the sake of leveling up a PW, is such ****.  Dual-colored PWs now take forever to level up.  I wonder if the devs even bother playing their own game?  We have like +20 PWs now, and no way to level up them up.  It definitely hurts new players, and possibly turns them away from playing more often.
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I know you flagged me but I agree with this.