New Event: Battle Grounds

Options
Blorbleflorp
Blorbleflorp Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
Since the removal of Quick Battle, gaining runes has been made to be much harder. Considering this, I propose a new, once per week event that will allow players to gain runes faster than the other events currently allow.

When: Over the weekend. The event would start on Friday evening, and extend all the way into Sunday evening. Start and end times could be localized for ease of access and fairness between regions

Matching: I propose an algorithm that considers total mastery score, time played, global PvP win rate, and even money spent to group players into fair Battle Grounds to fight each other. This will give everyone a relatively balanced environment to compete.

The Battle: After each battle, you will earn an amount of runes based on an algorithm. Something like (50 x Consecutive Wins). This will encourage players to continue competing in the battles. I think another way of encouraging play would be to reward more runes for feats through more diverse challenges that would be static and available in each battle. For instance: Deal more than 50 damage in 1 turn -> +500 runes, Make 4 or more matches with one swap -> +500 runes. Things like this add to the experience and really reward the players for doing legitimately awesome things that aren't currently being tracked. 

Rewards: I don't want to get too specific on this, as I'm not a game designer, but I will share my concepts for rewards: I see an opportunity to allow players to obtain specific cards they desire through some sort of currency. The higher your rank in the Battle Grounds, the more of this currency you receive at the end of the event.  This can be balanced in any number of ways, such as having to trade a mastered card of equal rarity, or through some quest or challenge that must be completed before being rewarded (both in addition to the currency paid initially). Another way of facilitating this would be exchanging the currency, or just outright earning a pack of cards that's guaranteed to have a rare or mythic card that ISNT a duplicate. The latter is probably more balanced, but less desired. 

Let me know what you think of this concept, and absolutely leave your opinions on solutions to the rune/availability problem

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I LOVE THIS idea. @Brigby could you pleeeeease pass this on to the devs?
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 544 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I could get behind this. Perhaps the number of runes for feats is a little high but overall a great idea.
  • Waschecht
    Waschecht Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    Like the idea. Right now there is nothing to do in this game.