Star-Lord as BH

Hendross
Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
When will 3* Star-Lord lose the "New" tag and be available as bonus hero?  I thought it was at the beginning of the new season, which was yesterday.  But, no dice.

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    3*s and 4*s are added at the beginning of the season AFTER their release cycle is complete. The release cycle includes the release event (where they're awarded in placement), their featured event (where they are essential and awarded in progression), a release PVP (awarded as placement), and then their featured PVP (essential, awarded in progression, this is the one where they get a whole event named after them).

Star Lord's release cycle doesn't end until his featured PVP is over. The next season that starts after that will be the NEXT season (yellow, Reality Gem, if memory serves correct), because THIS season is already running.

Unfortunately, he won't cycle over for almost an entire season (or a month). That's just what happens when characters are released near the end of a season, and we don't have time to complete their cycle before the next season starts.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    It certainly looks like we will get all Three new Guardians (3* Starlord, 4* Grocket, 4* Gamora) added to the token pool at the same time.
  • Wjohnson992
    Wjohnson992 Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Quebbster said:
    It certainly looks like we will get all Three new Guardians (3* Starlord, 4* Grocket, 4* Gamora) added to the token pool at the same time.
    Time to horde up!
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, I'd already been hoarding Latest LTs but spending my CP on Classics, up until Wasp left tokens. Now I'll be hoarding CP as well until Rocket & Groot are available.