Retreat or Die?

Does retreat effect PvE MMR?

Is it better to wait a bit and let your team get destroyed or retreat and save time?

From my experience retreat doesn't seem to do anything to MMR, but could use some clarification.

Sorry if this has been asked but search does nothing for me.

Comments

• PvE scaling is lowered by taking damage. Of course, getting downed usually results more damage taken and is more effective. That said, lowering PvE scaling hasn't worked in a long time as far as I know.
  • Phantron wrote:
    PvE scaling is lowered by taking damage. Of course, getting downed usually results more damage taken and is more effective. That said, lowering PvE scaling hasn't worked in a long time as far as I know.

My observation is that it can affect nodes in the current round, but you're more likely see lower leves from deaths in the following round. To me it seems that each node has its own scaling, and each round has a node or nodes that refer to history of a specific node or nodes in a previous round.

It also seems to me the level of the characters used to open up other missions affect the levels of the next missions.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    PvE scaling is lowered by taking damage. Of course, getting downed usually results more damage taken and is more effective. That said, lowering PvE scaling hasn't worked in a long time as far as I know.

My observation is that it can affect nodes in the current round, but you're more likely see lower leves from deaths in the following round. To me it seems that each node has its own scaling, and each round has a node or nodes that refer to history of a specific node or nodes in a previous round.

It also seems to me the level of the characters used to open up other missions affect the levels of the next missions.

There definitely seems to be a delay of some sorts even when dying/retreating worked on lowering PvE scaling, and retreating gives you more consistent drops since you get to do it more often, even though the total levels lowered by dying was still the same (e.g. retreat 4 times to get 3 guys killed averages out to be the same as just letting those 3 guys killed in one shot).