* new rocket and groot 
* some vaulting discussion from dave 
* vintage heroic tokens 
* marvel insider promotions 

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    - Starting off HOT with some corny jokes
    - Stream that from my account? Kayfabe, bruther!
    - Did I almost hear Craig swear? Stephen King bringing up lots of venom!
    - that first music festival sounds like my wide awake nightmare
    - the next Crash, Sue the Shooter vs. Quicksilver could be the first one in MOTHTS that gives me concern as my Invisible Woman is a paltry level 70 2/5/2
    - Not only did they change the art in 'Meet Rocket & Groot', the 'Luck Be A Lady' part will only be one day
    - Look at you, Ian, playing the game!
    - I find it HILARIOUS the devs thought the prior re-work of Carnage (version 2.0) would be a BUFF!
    - hashtag iPhone stinks
    - Then one of these oily guys sidle up to you and say 'uhhh, do you like the shrimp?'
    - My Silver Surfer is 4/4/2 with no ISO invested. He is a BEAST in PVP.  One day...
    - I'd roster Gwenpool as she's not getting rostered out at least for two more seasons
    - MY vine is a disaster, 2 Riris, 3 New Cages, 4 Coulsons, 4 Iron Fists and 6 Mordos
    - If only you meticuously tracked your movments in game, say with a spreadsheet, you'd know EXACTLY where those Legendary Tokens came from
    - My reward of the week was getting THREE Medusas in a row from two Latest Legends tokens
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    Firstly let me express my disappointment that not one, but all of you seem to know sex and the city so intimately. Did the three of you get together with a tub of Ben and Jerry's every Friday evening to complain about how your men are treating you? :p

Anyway, I rarely agree with your assessment of the game and where it's heading which is fine but after weeks of disappointment with vaulting I have to agree with Dave, I'm slowly being won over by vaulting. I think the power creep on the newer 4*s is helping me forget about the older ones and the fact every new 4* within 2 weeks has more covers than my 7 cover Iceman. The 4*s get covered so insanely fast now you can see why people are complaining about ISO again. A 4* now really needs to be 200k per champ.

I play PVE to completion and 575 on PVP to give you an idea of where I play at, now since Vaulting my 4*s that were in latest 12 post implement of the Vault:

Peggy, champed.
    Moon K champed.
    Kate B 8 covers.
    Wasp champed.
    Spider Woman 12 covers.
    Cage champed.
    Gwen 11 covers.
    Blade champed.
    Venom champed.
    Medusa 11 covers.
    Carol Champed.
    Riri  11 covers.
    Coulson 9 covers
    Fist Champed.
    Mordo 12 covers.

Even Cloak the newest to hit tokens, 10 covers.

That's incredibly quick and I have been lucky that I had 2 million ISO burning a hole in my pocket because I couldn't get covers with the dilution to spend it. I am very happy how quick the covers come and accept I will burn covers and have to pick and choose but the game badly needs more ISO now or cheaper 4* costs. So yes with a bit more ISO and a tweak to bonus heroes drop rate for 4* (may be just for vaulted) I would be won over. It's not perfect but not the disaster I first thought. As Dave said it's far from the train wreck I and others thought and just needs a bit of fine tuning.
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    I would disagree that people who like a feature will not comment on forums about it. Go back to when they introduced the champion feature. There were a lot of posts about how cool that feature was. On the other hand, if the forumites are split on something, then the negative feedback tends to drown out the positive.

I realize my situation may be unusual. I was hoarding CP since I was finishing 3* and was merely days away from going on a "token opening party" to spend CP on 40+ classic LT when the change happened. I was looking forward to getting a plethora of covers from the large swath of 4* characters. I do hope they followup with the feedback in that thread and give players choice on how to spend CP to get 4*s. That's really it, just about choice.
  • Tony_Foot
    Off topic question. I'm not great on names to voices in the podcast but one of you mentioned comixology. I am looking for a yearly sub for my son for his birthday, he's 7 soon to be 8 and he adores Marvel and the reason I started this game. I looked into comixology you mentioned, would you choose that over a Marvel Unlimited sub? Any pro's and cons a 40 something father should know about? My bruises are still healing from the whupping the wife gave me for buying him a Civil War comic, so he reads a fair bit of the old origin Marvel Master Works stuff but to be honest I have probably spent more than 3 years worth on subscription money on them.

Also any podcasts he could listen to so he can continue to bore me on the walk to school with such interesting facts like the materials Doc Oc's arms are made from or a time Iron Fist lost his Chi (whatever that is) :D

• Storm of fire
    Storm of fire Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Tony Foot said:
    Also any podcasts he could listen to so he can continue to bore me on the walk to school with such interesting facts like the materials Doc Oc's arms are made from or a time Iron Fist lost his Chi (whatever that is) :D

Can't answer about comic subscription services, but I have heard good things about Jay & Miles Explain the X-Men. I think it's fairly PG language-wise, though they do talk about the stories and events of the X-Men, so depending on the storyline you may have objections to the content as parent.

I asked a friend who listens to more comics related podcasts than I do, and they suggested: Journey into Misery, which is another explanatory-type podcast; War Rocket Ajax, which is a bit more variety with guests and general recs, though still comics based with issues reviewed in each episode; and apparently the CA folk have started up a new podcast called Monster Society which is a best comics read in that month deal.
    None of which I've listened to, so can't advise as to language or themes, but they are all pretty professional-seeming, so I think if you'd be okay with your kid listening to the PW3, these would be okay.

The official Marvel podcasts (This Week in Marvel and Women of Marvel) I'd probably save for a couple more years. TWiM in particular seems to be aimed at their key purchasing demographic (i.e. 20+), so while the language is pretty tame, some of the concepts and series talked about aren't and you'd probably have to pre-screen them to check their appropriateness. WoM is more family-friendly, but it is (slightly) more focused on female characters and women in the industry.
    But they are both interesting from a behind-the-scenes perspective, as well as littered with little tidbits of the guests favourite comic moments and trivia, and the hosts do an excellent job of keeping things moving and being entertaining. Probably not that interesting for an almost eight-year-old though.
  • Tony_Foot
    What a great post, thank you so much Storm of Fire, very helpful and lots for me to look into. I do struggle so much with Marvel finding stuff age appropriate despite the subject really targetting his age group. I will listen through your list and see what works well for him. Posts like yours should get a free LT :D
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    That was not a good choice for me to try as my first episode. So much music festival talk :) I'll try again with 89
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Oh, props for the shield intercept tip. I reset my advertisers token or whatever it's called and they started appearing again.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Tony, I wasn't impressed with the selection available through comiXology's subscription service. Marvel Unlimited is great, though. In addition to Jay & Miles X-Plain the X-Men, I'll recommend The Lightning and the Storm (about Simonson's Thor) and Justice League International: The Bwah-Ha-Ha Podcast.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --I'm not familiar with the song that plays in the trailer for The Defenders so it didn't affect me. I think the characters look great.
    --My 4-star Cyclops isn't a Champion but still did great against Hulkbuster. Thing is a Champion but I had a bad board in the first attempt; I won on the second try but it was still close because Thing just isn't very good, especially one-on-one. Sue, also a Champion, was so easy that I didn't even go invisible; I hit Quicksilver twice with green and that was it.
    --I have two covers for the new Rocket & Groot thus far (0/1/1) and looking forward to more. The fully-cover'd one that we borrowed was cool. In the required node for the current PVE, I'm using them with the 4-stars Star-Lord and Punisher.
    --Welcome back, Ian! I'm glad you're out of your funk.
    --Thank you, Ian, for your words of logic and wisdom about vaulting.
    --I spent 2500HP in the Heroes for Hire store again, this time buying a green Quake. She's now 1/3/5 and I have a 6th blue dying on the vine.
    --I have not bother'd with the Marvel Insider thing. It just doesn't seem worth it.
    --I've always heard the Featured Character of the Week intro as "Pigs in Space." I thought you were doing it in homage on purpose!
    --Galactus has switched from destroying worlds to creating them. Go figure.
    --My Surfer is 2/1/2, level 270, and I don't use him any time where it's important.
    --I have one blue for each Quake and Coulson dying on my vine. I'm unlikely to be able to use either of them.
    --I don't think Mordo is worth buying a cover for since he's still in stores. You stand a good chance of pulling a useable cover.
    --I saved CP and LTs until I Champion'd 4-star Blade. Once that was done, I bought 8 Classic Legends and three of them were 5-stars: Doctor Strange purple, Green Goblin black, and Iron Man yellow.
    --I know just enough about Sex and the City to know Charlotte was the sexiest one. I don't really want to know any more. Instead of "old lady from Porky's," how about "Spock's girlfriend from Star Trek VI?"
  • Cactus_Jack_87
    Cactus_Jack_87 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Tony Foot said:

I'll always send people to the Longbox Heroes podcast, they're clean, have awesome recommendations, and they're the best in the biz! DISCLAIMER: One of the co-hosts also happens to be my alliance commander, and I've been given a quota to recommend his podcast at least once a day to remain in good alliance standing ;) Am I good for the day, @LFChikarason?
  • Tony_Foot
    Thanks guys for the top advice, I will be sure to send you all Birthday cake at the end of the month. First I have a load of podcasts to get through :D
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Did Ray ever confirm that we can indeed listen to the "lost perendiac" episode?  When I listened to the back episodes i went backwards to listen to their rosters get progressively worse.

I do agree with you guys that the people on the forums can be very melodramatic, but it is interesting to here that D3 takes player reactions into account when, as of today, they have reversed the changes to Carnage and the  Scarlet witch/war machine team up tile issue, while staying the course on OML and Vaulting, despite the latter having more of a negative reaction.

MPQ question:  What is the longest wave fight you would be willing to undertake?  Assume enemies get higher levels with each passing level.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Haha, oh man, you tell them, Ian. Tell them like it is. I fell thoroughly chastised and I'm out here supporting the damn thing. ;)

Also, I could tell Ian's back with it with his snap response to the Cyclops Crash opponent "trivia" question :)
  • LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Tony Foot said:

I'll always send people to the Longbox Heroes podcast, they're clean, have awesome recommendations, and they're the best in the biz! DISCLAIMER: One of the co-hosts also happens to be my alliance commander, and I've been given a quota to recommend his podcast at least once a day to remain in good alliance standing ;) Am I good for the day, @LFChikarason?

One more day of not having your legs broke ;)