Which 3 star is going to be vaulted next?

grunth13
grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
Just like the title asks...does anyone know?  I couldn't find it from any of the posts.  Just want to be able to plan accordingly for the when Starlord enters the heroic tokens.  Thanks.

Comments

• Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    I think the oldest may be black widow Or spiderman but not sure if 3* necessarily work by oldest likke 4*
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hope that vaulted 3*s get vaulted back in at some point.. Daddy needs to keep running his 3* clone champion farm! It'll be tough to keep champion farming certain 3* characters if they keep disappearing from the main token set.

In interesting news, my Dr. Str3nge is now at the same champion level as my lowest leveled 3* of all 3*s that came out before him (Colossus, with both at lv 210).
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    No one knows for sure, but it shouldn't happen until next season. When Hawkguy was added an announcement was made, so keep an eye out at the end of the month.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    I was totally unaware for the longest time that vaulting involved 3* covers too, I know they were the ones impacted the first time vaulting had come around, but I figured they were left alone this time... I didn't even notice... I've only been noticing 4* impact because that's the pool I'm only partway through finishing.

I have all but the new release 3* of Hawkeye and Starlord champed so I've not had them hanging around my queue... except I now have a hawkeye blue I can't use yet because he's at 2/5/4.

Vaulting both 3* and 4* doubly sucks.  And here I thought it was only impacting the 4* player... I feel sorry for the 1 year players that felt they were making progress.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda unsure why he didn't get added when C&D were added to LTs. Not like there is a minimum wait two weeks like the 5 star version. 

Guess they want us to to keep fighting tooth and nail over pvp rewards and upcoming simulator to get him for the short future.
  • Quebbster
    smkspy said:
    Kinda unsure why he didn't get added when C&D were added to LTs. Not like there is a minimum wait two weeks like the 5 star version. 

Guess they want us to to keep fighting tooth and nail over pvp rewards and upcoming simulator to get him for the short future.
    New
     characters below the fivestar level gets added to tokens at the season shift after their introductory PvP. Since Hooked on a feeling starts off this season, Star-Lord will have to wait until next season. With the imminent release of Rocket and Groot it looks like we will get all three new Guardians added at the same time.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    smkspy said:

New
     characters below the fivestar level gets added to tokens at the season shift after their introductory PvP. Since Hooked on a feeling starts off this season, Star-Lord will have to wait until next season. With the imminent release of Rocket and Groot it looks like we will get all three new Guardians added at the same time.

Forgot about that pvp nonsense, they should have have ran his pvp during the season to bump him into the tokens that much quicker. 

Not that it matters much for me as I have yeah to even champ my max covered hawkguy...just too many 4s to worry about at this point.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

Speculation is that Kamala will get cut, since she both shares colours with Star-Lord and does a lot of the same stuff, but better.

Personally, I'm hoping for IM40 so that they really amplify that rift between veterans and new players.

• StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    JVReal said:I feel sorry for the 1 year players that felt they were making progress.

Don't feel sorry for me. Feel sorry for the baboons, I mean very intelligent business men, who run this game. I certainly do not feel bad that they want to take what is a good game and shoo away players. 

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    According to my tracking if they drop the oldest like with 4* the next to drop would be Spider-Man Classic followed by IM40.

Spider-Man Classic 10/31/2013
    Iron Man Model 40 11/4/2013
    Black Widow Grey Suit 11/9/2013
    Wolverine Patch 1/8/2014
    Daredevil Man Without Fear 1/24/2014
    Black Panther T'Challa 2/21/2014
    Steve Rogers Super Solider 3/20/2014
    Sam Wilson Falcon 4/14/2014
    Deadpool It's Me, Deadpool 7/26/2014
    Blade Daywalker 10/23/2014
    Rocket & Groot Most Wanted 11/18/2014
    Luke Cage Hero for Hire 12/23/2014
    Squirrel Girl Unbeatable 1/14/2015
    Cyclops Uncanny X-Men 2/12/2015
    Iron Fist Immortal Weapon 2/23/2015
    Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel 3/23/2015
    Scarlet Witch Wanda Maximoff 4/22/2015
    Doctor Strange Stephen Strange 11/1/2016
    Thanos Modern 12/22/2016
    Hawkeye Hawkguy 3/9/2017
  • Quebbster
    broll said:
    According to my tracking if they drop the oldest like with 4* the next to drop would be Spider-Man Classic followed by IM40.

Spider-Man Classic 10/31/2013
    Iron Man Model 40 11/4/2013
    Black Widow Grey Suit 11/9/2013
    Wolverine Patch 1/8/2014
    Daredevil Man Without Fear 1/24/2014
    Black Panther T'Challa 2/21/2014
    Steve Rogers Super Solider 3/20/2014
    Sam Wilson Falcon 4/14/2014
    Deadpool It's Me, Deadpool 7/26/2014
    Blade Daywalker 10/23/2014
    Rocket & Groot Most Wanted 11/18/2014
    Luke Cage Hero for Hire 12/23/2014
    Squirrel Girl Unbeatable 1/14/2015
    Cyclops Uncanny X-Men 2/12/2015
    Iron Fist Immortal Weapon 2/23/2015
    Kamala Khan Ms. Marvel 3/23/2015
    Scarlet Witch Wanda Maximoff 4/22/2015
    Doctor Strange Stephen Strange 11/1/2016
    Thanos Modern 12/22/2016
    Hawkeye Hawkguy 3/9/2017

I don't know what you base your dates on, but I was playing the game when Iron Man 40 was released and I can vouch for GSBW being older than IM40. Heck, she was part of the original Power pair in PvP with Ragnarok.

I Believe both GSBW and Spider-man were present in the game upon release, but I am not 100% sure about that. Iron Man is definitely a later addition though.

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    The dates before 2017 I got from a post somewhere on the forums, I'll see if I can find it again.
  • Quebbster
    broll said:
    The dates before 2017 I got from a post somewhere on the forums, I'll see if I can find it again.

I Think I know what thread you are talking about, I Believe those dates were based on when the Character Discussion thread for that character was started. Guess people didn't have much to say about GSBW for the first month or so...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Both were before my time... i just know IM40 didn't become relevant until much much later.  He was the poster child for withholding covers.
  • Quebbster
    JVReal said:
    Both were before my time... i just know IM40 didn't become relevant until much much later.  He was the poster child for withholding covers.

Very true. I liked mine at 5/5/3 just fine, but I could absolutely see why many prefered to keep him at two yellow covers.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Or may they will just do. GOTG replacement and take out rocket and groot
  • Quebbster
    Arix90 said:
    Or may they will just do. GOTG replacement and take out rocket and groot
    It's
     more likely they'll keep as many Guardians as possible in the token pool. Gamora may make a comeback too.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    There's still non MCU characters in the 3* pool. I think cyclops is out, though the reasoning to remove KK is sound.