Crash + Vaulting

lpearl
lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the misalignment between 4* Crash and vaulting. Crash is supposed to be the path to improve your roster. I'm lucky, I've played for 3+ years, so I have a large number of covered 4*s. But for new players, they see week after week of older 4*s appear in Crash and they don't have reasonable ways to get those characters to a high enough level to progress because they're vaulted.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey, just set them as your Bonus Heroes!   Hahahaha.  Out of 125 pulls from Legendary store (tokens + CP) since bonus was implemented, I have two or 1.6%.  What. The. Tinyktty.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    4* Heroes are available to buy directly one cover per day from the Heroes for Hire shop.

That's the 4* progression now.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    ***Waits for the hardcore "Bonus Heroes are the answer" people to show up***
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah, this is unfortunate. I'm on day 510 or so, and I just made the cutoff to where nearly all of my 4*'s are able to win their crashes.  I'm on a run of I believe 22 straight wins, with only drax, war machine, and Mr fantastic as concerns moving forward.
    For completely new players,  this is just a lost cause.  For those that do have at least a couple covers for the older 4*'s, I do think you have hope IF you are a grinder:  max progression on all the pve's to net you a round of covers every 6 months plus enough cp's to get you a bonus hero via LT's and enough hp's to hire a hero of your choice every month.
    It wouldn't be quick, but it's doable.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    lpearl said:
    I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around the misalignment between 4* Crash and vaulting. Crash is supposed to be the path to improve your roster. I'm lucky, I've played for 3+ years, so I have a large number of covered 4*s. But for new players, they see week after week of older 4*s appear in Crash and they don't have reasonable ways to get those characters to a high enough level to progress because they're vaulted.
    Isn't that the purpose of every reward in the game?

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    BH are only useful for heroes who are either championed or have less than 5 covers of any specific cover. They're basically useless for any 5/x/x hero, since you could simply win a useless dupe.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    4* Heroes are available to buy directly one cover per day from the Heroes for Hire shop.

That's the 4* progression now.
    You mean, you have to pay to progress.  Great business plan.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crash is another means of obtaining LT, which gives the latest 4*/5*s and doesn't improve the actual character that competed in the crash.  My 0/3/5 Thing is angry that his hard work and luck in winning the crash will only help the latest 4*s and nothing goes to him.