Thoughts from day 763

2»

Comments

• bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Milk Jugz said:
    Thing/XPool is a legitimate defensive team in PvP, assuming your MMR isn't too far out there, supposedly.  Haven't really heard of other uses for him.
    Is there really such a thing as a legitimate defensive team in pvp? I've seen this combo and torn it apart like almost any other thing I've seen. The only thing I won't attack in pvp are teams that are ridiculously better than mine level wise- the characters there really just determine what strategy I use to beat them. 
    If good characters are boosted, I don't think there are teams that you can leave out safely on defense if you are a high value target. Human players can use boosts and team-ups, and the AI is usually pretty dumb. In Black Vortex I was able to take down 3x boosted 4* characters with boosted Iceman (fueled by IM40) very quickly.

Characters with lots of animations, AP denial, or high hit points might make some people skip you for an easier target; passive damage or cheap powers can sometimes help as well. Ultimately, though, people will hit almost anything if it's worth enough points (and not absurdly high level). I'll pick up some defensive wins as I climb, but the higher your score gets, the quality of the players and teams that are attacking you will naturally increase.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all about having a big Thing. My Thing is pretty big if I do say so myself so I knocked Johnny out fast. Didn't even have to use performance enhancing boosts. 
  • King_Koopa54326
    King_Koopa54326 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
    Rodolfo78 said:

Seems this has turned into a Thing discussion thread.

I know, right? Not really my intent, but cool with the resulting conversions