Special week: events from old sets

Laeuftbeidir
Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
It's a simple idea :
We have daily, weekly and monthly events. Okay. That gets boring after a while, doesn't it?
Why don't we have one week in a month dedicated to an old set? One week to gather packs from SOI, BZF, with guaranteed cards from that sets? The set chosen changes every month.
This would add some highly demanded diversity to the schedule and especially helping the newer players who never had a chance to collect the good cards of these sets!

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Yes! All this! Pleaseeeeee! @Brigby can you pads this to the devs? It's a great idea and would help astronomically with the stale content problem. 
  • Sirchombli
    Sirchombli Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Meeeeeeeee, too! 
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    We need that!!!
  • ErikInVegas
    ErikInVegas Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Yes please.

It's good business.  Studies have shown that when candies were offered in multiple colors people ate more of them, even when they were the same flavor.

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Thanks for the interesting week-long, monthly idea, @Laeuftbeidir ! I'll pass it along to the developers to see what their thoughts are.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Thank you, @Brigby ! And also the others for the positive feedback.

Would be great if you keep us updated on their reaction - I could also work out a better argumentation if demanded ;)

But the two core ideas are:
    - How to make the old sets better accessible for everyone (I really hope for rewards exclusively from the old sets - for all tiers)
    - and how to avoid situations like "we've been facing RatC every weekend for for months in a row" : stall content until players quit.

Bonus: They've already done the work of designing and programming these events. Sunken costs! It would be a shame if such events would only be used - like the current **** - as an emergeny solution. That's like having the garage full of Bikes, an old Harley, an original Ural, a Honda SP1 and a new Ducati Monster. The Monster is cool, and you'll take her out regulary...But you won't just be driving only her until the Ducati does what Ducatis love to do, the other ones have their own coolness. I guess I need finally to prepare my bike for this summer...
    Also, **** shows that these events can be implemented in the new system in only a short time.

• AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    It would be nice if the card sets would also be restricted to the current set + origins.
    This would help with power creep a bit unless it's an SOI event with there totally overpowered cards.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Match Maker
    Any news on this?
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Yeah, I still like it ;)
  • Laeuftbeidir
    -->
    with the introduction of standart, this idea becomes even more interesting I'd say :)))