Emergency ordinances 48hs

Options
bernychan
bernychan Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
Hi, its part of 2.0? or what? but emergency ordinances should have ended 2:30hs ago but it is still up and refreshed.

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I assumed that you can have longer running and hence
    more overlapping events, now that event decks mean
    that you don't need to keep switching back and forth.

HH
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If that's the case it's good and bad I guess. Newer players have more matches to complete Progression. Those of us fighting for rankings are gonna have it rougher though.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    60% more games with all of the same terrible prizes!  Woohoo!
  • Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    As if the player base wasn't already burning out...

That is great way to get players to stop playing.
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    48h EO is one thing, but are you prepared  for 48h FiRF? Will to live slowly ebbing away... 
  • Abenjes
    Abenjes Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Options

ugh... surely this is an error....

• morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    and still wont manage to get 5 vehicles out even twice as long lol
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    No one asked for 2 day events with terrible top prizes. As less and less people participate (I'm not playing either one this week lol) they'll get the memo. Eventually 
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    48h FiRF? I just can't bring myself to participate. That event is just awful, and I just don't want to suffer through 2 days of it.
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm glad that with the longer event durations, newer players have more matches to try to complete Progression. But it would be nice if the Ranking rewards were bumped up a bit to adjust for the longer event duration.
  • Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options

I would like to see an official statement (@Brigby ??) if this is done intentionally or yet another bug.

Edit: I hope it's a bug, because I'm already to the point of burning out... It makes no sense to prolong the events by 24 hours with no adjustments to the reward system. It makes playing these events way less attractive.

• Dropspot
    Dropspot Posts: 200 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Machine said:

I would like to see an official statement (@Brigby ??) if this is done intentionally or yet another bug.

That's a good question cause it was not on the release notes so it could be just another big. Any clarification on this issue would be great.

I entered EO at the beginning and I am not entering FirF unitl 6 hours to finish, don't wanna play 3 more rounds for the same prize..
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options

The shorter events were nice because they happen in the middle of the work week and there isn't as much time to play.  Now I feel like more effort is required just to maintain the same rank on the leaderboard, so basically more effort for nothing.

• Delnai
    Delnai Posts: 187 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Machine said:

It makes no sense to prolong the events by 24 hours with no adjustments to the reward system. It makes playing these events way less attractive.

Yes, this. I already wasn't playing FIRF or EO when they were 24 hours after the rewards nerfs of previous patch. Now? Ugh. 
  • Tilwin90
    Tilwin90 Posts: 662 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm one of the trolls who doesn't bother with vehicles on FIRF. Call me crazy... I tried... But here is what happens:
    - Either you get trashed by some very well prepared deck ready to handle vehicles and eat them alive pronto (the AI is stupid, but if you give him the right card, he can do the job)
    - I end up winning too quickly before I can deploy all 5 vehicles (I might be able to hold the board for a bit, but not indefinitely)

You guys seriously need to pull back these numbers into future events. Shadows event was great with the number set at 2 - it forced you to commit to a particular creature type, but it didn't require you to go nuts into getting those creatures onto the battlefield and NOT winning fast enough - *cough cough* double damage.

Bottom line, without being forced to play vehicles, I'm curious who would play them in a non-dedicated deck, save for Aethersphere Harvester (which wins matches REALLY fast in this stupid event). Sure, Skysovereign and Heart of Kiran are incredible... incredibly expensive that is. Good luck dropping five of those onto the battlefield, especially when cheating into play with Deploy and Saheeli is useless for the event.

So now I just play my stuff quickly and ride through the event like a ballerina. Top 50, not top 5 or top 25, but for an AER rare... whatever. I have all the rares from that set that I need.
  • arevala
    arevala Posts: 53 Match Maker
    Options
    Tilwin90: With Saheeli 3rd ability you can cast as many ultra expensive vehicles you want paying 0 mana cost, So imagine those Skysovereign and Heart of Kiran in a non vehicle based deck with Saheeli. Casted a 48/48 creature (and with Vigilance :open_mouth: ), but not mentioning the Ego Altered or the Saheeli Expertise you could have in your hand ready to cast over it. Just brutal
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arevala said:
    Tilwin90: With Saheeli 3rd ability you can cast as many ultra expensive vehicles you want paying 0 mana cost, So imagine those Skysovereign and Heart of Kiran in a non vehicle based deck with Saheeli. Casted a 48/48 creature (and with Vigilance :open_mouth: ), but not mentioning the Ego Altered or the Saheeli Expertise you could have in your hand ready to cast over it. Just brutal

That doesn't trigger objectives, though.
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    arevala said:

It does mana up all the vehicles in your hand though... 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren said:
    arevala said:

It does mana up all the vehicles in your hand though... 
    downside is drawing a vehicle to cast after using
    her 3rd ability can be a long wait.

HH