Improve BH odds for 4*s

mpqr7
mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
Now that most 4*s are vaulted, basically the only way to grow a vaulted 4* is through Bonus Heroes. As previously discussed, unless you hoard tokens, it's very hard to get any 4* above lv 290 at this point, because then that character will most likely fall out of the Latest 12 and be stuck at that level basically forever.

Thus I feel that in order to actually grow a character you like (such as RHulk), there should be better BH odds. Especially when you open up a LT, there should be more times that you can win a 4* BH. Or at least a way that someone can earn better odds, such as having a higher Shield Ranking or having a certain amount of 4*s already championed.

Comments

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. The odds should be increased, and it should be a big increase.

Let's look at the standard token first. When you get a 3* (very rare occurrence) - you automatically get another marked as BH.

I am not sure about the math here but similar principle should apply to other tokens. So for heroic/event tokens 5% might be fine when you draw 3* but is way too low for a 4*. I think 25% would be more accurate (or even 50%). The reason is - the 4* is very rare occurrence in heroic tokens.

So when we move to the legendary tokens the chance to get a 5* bonus hero should be increased to 25-50% range (as you only get them in 7% of cases). Should the 4* bonus level stay where it is? I think not - it should probably be at least 10% to make it a really working feature (or 25% to appease the crowd).

Long story short - the BH rates should be improved across the board. This is as close as you can get to satisfying solution to vaulting.

There is one other idea that came to my mind. Maybe they should put some sort of limit on the BH? Like when you draw your bonus Rhulk number 10 you need to change the BH until another 10 are drawn before you can go back to boosting your Rhulk. This would slow down a bit the level increase in the top 4*. Probably tough to code such a counter.

Anyway - I don't think any of this will be implemented. The devs and whales don't want no Rhulks with levles in high 300. They are a threat to the 5* toons they use (or want to sell - depends who you check). So the BH will remain a novelty in the 4-5* world. 

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should actually fix the problem with Vaults and make the older characters more readily available. Increasing Bonus Heroes odds isn't going to do that. It just won't be enough. Making Bonus Hero odds 100% (where you literally get a bonus 4* every time you pull a 4*) wouldn't be enough, because there are three times as many vaulted characters as un-vaulted.

Increasing bonus heroes odds for 4*s would be a bandaid to get people to stop complaining and ignore that things are worse than they used to be, and not an actual fix.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Took me well over 30 LT pulls to pull a Bonus Hero. Atleast now my Peggy Carter is done. But I agree, the bonus hero pulls need to be better.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Definitely agreeing with this.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,729 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please do something. Last night I made 45 pulls from the Legendary store.  Zero BH.  Since inception, my Legendary BH rate (LT's plus CP's) is 2/125 or 1.6%. I get more 4* BH from the Heroic Tokens.  This is ridiculous.
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    JHawkInc said:
    They should actually fix the problem with Vaults and make the older characters more readily available. Increasing Bonus Heroes odds isn't going to do that. It just won't be enough. Making Bonus Hero odds 100% (where you literally get a bonus 4* every time you pull a 4*) wouldn't be enough, because there are three times as many vaulted characters as un-vaulted.

Increasing bonus heroes odds for 4*s would be a bandaid to get people to stop complaining and ignore that things are worse than they used to be, and not an actual fix.
    Getting a bonus hero with every 4* would actually be pretty awesome. It would be super unbalanced, but fun. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    bluewolf said:
    Please do something. Last night I made 45 pulls from the Legendary store.  Zero BH.  Since inception, my Legendary BH rate (LT's plus CP's) is 2/125 or 1.6%. I get more 4* BH from the Heroic Tokens.  This is ridiculous.
    Unlucky and frustrating, certainly. There's a 9.944% chance of this occurring, though, although I can understand that knowing the odds doesn't make it more comforting.

Amusingly, that means you have a better chance of opening 45 LTs and getting no BHs than you do opening one LT and getting a BH.