Which 4* should I champ?

Options
justsing
justsing Posts: 507 Critical Contributor
I currently have:
1) Bl4de at 2/5/5 with 3 covers on the vine, the earliest to expire in about 7 days
2) Coulson fully covered with 1 cover due to expire in about 7 days
3) Gwenpool fully covered with 1 cover due to expire in about 10 days.

I'm about to champ Wasp and C4ge in the next few days and will only have ISO leftover for one of the above. Who would you recommend champing?

If it's Bl4de, how should I go about getting that 13th cover? I have a few LTs I can pull, but I'm a bit afraid of pulling a dupe for another character. I do have more than 120 cp saved up, but I don't know if it's worth it to buy his red cover outright.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Wasp is about to leave the token pool, so if you do not have any covers for her on the vine she can probably wait a while.

Bl4de has been getting quite a bit of praise lately, so I Think he's one of the ones it would be Worth investing CP in. He has a few seasons left in the token pool too, so you should be able to get a few champion levels for him.

Coulson is pretty good too, so he's probably a solid investment.

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    How many covers you have for Wasp? She is out of rotation so might not be the priority for championing. 

If you still go with Wasp and Cage I suggest Coulson next as he is ready and I like him better than Gwenpool. For Blade - 120 CP for the covers sounds expensive so maybe make him favorite and open some tokens? The 3 covers on the vine suggest you might want to maximize a chance to finish him.
  • justsing
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Magic said:
    How many covers you have for Wasp? She is out of rotation so might not be the priority for championing. 

If you still go with Wasp and Cage I suggest Coulson next as he is ready and I like him better than Gwenpool. For Blade - 120 CP for the covers sounds expensive so maybe make him favorite and open some tokens? The 3 covers on the vine suggest you might want to maximize a chance to finish him.
    Unfortunately, I have 7 Wasp covers and 4 C4ge covers on the vine, so I can't hold off on champing them. 

So if I can only choose one, would you say Bl4de is probably better than Coulson? 

Btw, in case I should consider roster synergy, my only champed 4* at the moment is C4rol.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    justsing said:
    Magic said:

Unfortunately, I have 7 Wasp covers and 4 C4ge covers on the vine, so I can't hold off on champing them. 

So if I can only choose one, would you say Bl4de is probably better than Coulson? 

Btw, in case I should consider roster synergy, my only champed 4* at the moment is C4rol.

C4rol, Bl4de and Coulson should have some excellent synergy going together - Blade pumps out strike tiles and Coulson provides the countdowns so C4rol can buff them. It's a Rainbow team too, though there is no red Active (not a big deal since Blade needs you to not spend the red) and you are double dipping on yellow and black (also not a big deal as Carol's yellow and Blade's black are of fairly situational use). Blade is probably the easiest one to switch out of that equation though.
  • Magic
    Options
    Blade can be replaced on the suggested team by Wasp herself. Also 4cage with Carol and Coulson would work well (all the buffed strike tiles). And Wasp-Cage-Carol can be great. I think I would go for that - Cage-Wasp-Coulson. And if you happen to have 4Blade cover and enough iso - do him. 

Gwenpool is tricky to use (and useless on PvP defence). In 10 days you might also have the iso for her. But I would not put any priority in her.
  • justsing
    Options
    So it seems like Coulson is more useful for my current situation, and I would be better off champing him even though I'd be selling 3 Bl4de covers. Good to know. Thanks for all the helpful comments!!
  • justsing
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I ended up champing Coulson. I wasn't able to pull the Bl4de red I needed, so I champed Gwenpool instead due to having pulled a bunch of her covers.

Now my predicament is who to champ next:
    1) Spider-Woman - 1 cover due to expire in 13 days
    2) 4* IF - 1 cover due to expire in 11 days
    3) Riri - 4 covers due to expire in 11 days
    4) Mordo - no covers on the vine right now but will be getting some from PVE in a few days
    5) Peggy - haven't been in a hurry to champ her since she's vaulted and I don't necessarily need her for PVE

I think I will only have enough ISO to champ one 4* by the time these covers expire. Who should I go with?
  • Magic
    Options
    If as he will be in packs long or riri. 4 covers is a lot plus she is fairly new as well.
  • justsing
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I think I'll go for Riri since I can't stand the look of Hobofist... 
  • Magic
    Options
    Perfectly fine. Her red packs a punch ;)
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't see that anyone has asked what your game focus is, I assume it's PVE over PVP.  If that's the case I hope you find that Gwenpool is quite fun and efficient to play - as long as you don't mind looking up her 'Sploits codes, I keep a browser window open on my phone. 
    Regardless, Coulson is excellent. I do think you should prioritize Blade too though, he can be amazing in PvE efficiency, and plays very well with Coulson (opposite colors, gather red quickly with charged tile swaps once you have enough strikes on the board. etc).
  • justsing
    Options
    I don't see that anyone has asked what your game focus is, I assume it's PVE over PVP.  If that's the case I hope you find that Gwenpool is quite fun and efficient to play - as long as you don't mind looking up her 'Sploits codes, I keep a browser window open on my phone. 
    Regardless, Coulson is excellent. I do think you should prioritize Blade too though, he can be amazing in PvE efficiency, and plays very well with Coulson (opposite colors, gather red quickly with charged tile swaps once you have enough strikes on the board. etc).
    Yeah, I'm mainly PVE. I've been using Gwenpool in DDQ lately, and she's been great. I'm looking forward to seeing what she's like during a boosted week.

Thanks for the info on Blade + Coulson! I'll definitely try to champ Blade at some point. Just need to build up my ISO supply and somehow pull another red cover. 
  • justsing
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Who should I champ now?
    - Mockingbird - 1 cover on the vine, at 5/2/5, can buy her yellow cover via HfH store
    - Sandman - 2 covers on the vine, fully covered 
    - Or neither and focus on rechamping 2* farm
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mockingbird is definitely better than Sandman. I'd probably go with her, even tho it's a bigger investment and lower immediate return in champ rewards, because she'll be more useful in actual play.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Your position with Mockingbird is precisely the only time I advise people to spend the CP on a cover:
    1. The character is top-tier, and Mockingbird definitely is
    2. You have a cover on the vine
    3. You have precisely 5/2/5 coverage (meaning that if you don't champ now, you have a 2/3 chance to be in the same boat the next time you draw.
    Mockingbird is so much better than Sandman that this seems like a no-brainer to me.

• justsing
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!!

I went ahead and bought the HfH Mockingbird cover and champed her. Looking forward to seeing how awesome she is once she's boosted.