Vaulted Character Improvement?

Killians8
Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi folks. 

This is just a thought that came into my head moments ago, isn't fully clarified, and may have already been mentioned before. I figure I'd offer it up in case some smart people can run with it somehow or improve upon it. 

I was thinking about my 2* farm and how I get three 3* covers during this process each time I do it. I thought it might be helpful to make the cover rewards for these heroes some of the vaulted 3* characters and not dupe those already available in the current 20 3*s. This at least would allow those earlier players who are working on their 3* characters to finish off and champ quicker.

It doesn't do much for me, because I have all, but the new Starlord champed and that will be no problem once he enters the rotation.

I'm mostly concerned about my older 4* roster which I had mostly just started when vaulting occurred again and locked those characters down. To address that, it would be helpful to adjust 3* champ rewards to include a lot more covers for "vintage" heroes and possibly multiple heroes during champ progression rather than just one of them.

That's all I have so far. How could this be improved?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aren't most vaulted anyways? I think widow, im40, cap, and patch are the only non vaulted rewards.
  • Killians8
    I'm not sure. I haven't done a full evaluation. It would be a small improvement to change those who aren't vaulted to vintage rewards and perhaps rotate those rewards each season to account for the small amount of 2*s that can generate champ rewards. Probably too much work to expect them to do anyway.
  • smkspy
    Personally, I think they should revamp the 1 start tier turning them into 2 stars and apply vaulted 3 star rewards. 

Yeah we'd have a couple of dupe 2s like widow, storm, and hawkeye, but it'd keep those characters worthwhile, keep people spending hp on roster spots, and further open up the 2 star farm. 
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Aren't most vaulted anyways? I think widow, im40, cap, and patch are the only non vaulted rewards.
    IM40 and GSBW are very likely to be the next 3* characters to rotate out from tokens, for what it's worth.
  • smkspy
    ZeiramMR said:
    smkspy said:
    IM40 and GSBW are very likely to be the next 3* characters to rotate out from tokens, for what it's worth.

If they vault im40 cue conspiracy theorists that he's getting a nerf lol.
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,625 Chairperson of the Boards
    OP, you should consider the very direct character links between the 2's and 3's.  Cap to Cap, etc.  Other than Hawkeye, Moonstone, and Ares, the 2 leads to the 3* version.  I think the developers consider that a priority first.  I agree vaulting changes the calculation somewhat, but probably not enough.
  • Killians8
    Sure that's nice and clean and please the OCD crowd, but it isn't necessary not as helpful anymore given the problem they've created. Would people really complain that much more if you didn't get one from the other. I don't hear a lot of griping in the rear direction of people complaining there is no 2* Switch to get their 3* Switch from.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    ZeiramMR said:
    smkspy said:

If they go by age then Spider-man and GSBW are both older than IM40 so they should be the first to go. GSBW is the most likely victim since Spider-man has a Movie coming out soon.

Personally, I suspect they may go with Kamala Khan instead since her Power set is very similar to the new Star-Lord. We'll see.

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need more 2*s! Allow us to open Bagman and release 2* Ironman, 2* Black Panther, 2* Hulk.. you'll notice many if the recent 5* releases have been Avenger characters but to bring in new players, the main Avengers should represent the 2* tier. 
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need more 2*s! Allow us to open Bagman and release 2* Ironman, 2* Black Panther, 2* Hulk.. you'll notice many if the recent 5* releases have been Avenger characters but to bring in new players, the main Avengers should represent the 2* tier. 

• mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't really like the first idea - I think it is not really enough to help cover a 3*, so focusing those rewards on vaulted 3s feels like a waste for newer players. 

The second idea definitely has merit. The game is far too stingy with 4* rewards considering all the new characters are 4s or 5s so that's the stage of the game they've been designing for for over a year now. People might cry foul that they missed out on some 4* rewards since they've already leveled their 3s past certain marks but whatever, they'll get over it. It's a good way to increase the 4* rewards in a measured fashion since it's tied to 3* roster growth and not just top placement/progression