REDIRECTS ARE WORKING!! REDIRECTS ARE WORKING!!!

MarkersMake
MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
GUYS!!!

REDIRECTS ARE WORKING!!!

Look at this link and then click on it - https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59067 - note the URL is to the OLD forum.

IT GOES TO THE ACTUAL Shield Level poll thread!!!  And all the posts that contain outdated links to other threads in the library? LIKE THE PVE COMPENDIUM??  NOT USELESS ANYMORE!!!  

See this:  https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=165 - BOOM! It's the Unstable ISO release event PvE thread! Shamelessly taken from the Compendium! And it works! IT ALL WORKS!!

(EDIT - haha, I'm a dork and pasted the wrong link. It's fixed now, so hopefully nobody saw that. move along, move along)

I don't know who implemented the fix or when, but great job and better late than never!!  
:) 

(note: for the purposes of this thread, "redirects" refers to a referencing mechanism that takes the old thread ID from the URL, does a (presumably DB) lookup for the new thread ID for this forum, and redirects the browser to the current, correct URL.)

Now, if they could also get the old poll data to work properly, that would be great, too, but the important thing is that:

REDIRECTS ARE WORKING!!! REDIRECTS ARE WORKING!!! REDIRECTS ARE WORKING!!!

:)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) :)  B) 

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

Not sure what this thread is about but glad you're happy man.  LOL.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey!  Someone is using the PVE Compendium.  And now that the links work again (thank you for that @MarkersMake), I can rebuild the Compendium much easier.  @jojeda654 found a great solution for the links issue that I need to spend some time on to revamp, but with the old links working now, huzzah!
  • MarkersMake
    Yeah, I just noticed it today when I clicked on a link in an older post, and it... worked!

Naturally, this inspired me to look a bit more closely into the forum - they're using Vanilla Forums, and there is a core plugin called EmojiExtender that should let them roll out custom emojis (emoticons, whatever).  So in theory, all of the star/colour/character icons from previous posts are fixable - I'm just not sure how high of a priority that is, lol.

There is also apparently the option to permit BBCode in the editor, rather than just HTML, but that doesn't seem to be enabled right now.

Whatever - progress is progress, right?
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    I think a little pee just came out of MarkersMake (sorry, had to get a GOTG reference in).
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    This is excellent news. Worthy of an official announcement, I'd have thought...

~~~

I want BBcode back so badly I can taste it.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I'm happy, you're happy.  Thanks for the positivity today!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    something isn't broken
    Z566hugu
    don't worry it'll get tinykitty up in R126

**removed profanity - Ducky
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    There is also apparently the option to permit BBCode in the editor, rather than just HTML, but that doesn't seem to be enabled right now.

Whatever - progress is progress, right?

Please? 
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @MarkersMake

Glad you are enjoying the redirect functionality being fixed!

@DapperChewie

Unfortunately right now we're only able to choose one or the other, not both. Right now we have the editor defaulting to WYSIWYG. If we find a way to allow for both options at the same time, then we'll be sure to enable that functionality.
  • MarkersMake
    @Brigby, is there any chance of a sub-forum for discussion of Forum Features and Bugs?

With the migration to Vanilla, there are a lot of changes and requests that might be better kept track of in their own sub-forum, rather than getting lost in General. 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Don't get me wrong, the wysiwyg editor works fine. I just wish that we could have the same editing options on mobile that we do on desktop.