What breaks ties now?

Options
sageofhalo451
sageofhalo451 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
Many have noticed that the old tie breaker system (whomever gets a certain score first ranks ahead of those that get that score later) is no longer in effect.

I have observed that I am being ranked next to the same people regardless of when I do my matches. When I'm all out there are people behind me with the same score and it happens every round.

Therefore there is clearly something else at play for deciding who is where.

Is it when we joined the event?
Is it when we completed our first match?

We the community would appreciate it if someone could let us know what the metric is so we can make decisions accordingly.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you want to call attention to an important community issue, you should tag @Brigby
  • sageofhalo451
    sageofhalo451 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Noted thank you.
  • Yvendros
    Yvendros Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Maybe they finally made it where everyone with the highest score get's first place prize, even if there are more players than prizes.  this would be a welcome change.  

what happened with prizes on the planeswalker arena today?  anyone able to test this?
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Yvendros

What happened was I got screwed. Support ticket in. I finished 2nd and received prizes of someone finishing like 150th. This makes no sense! I had a 16-point cushion with 1 refresh remaining. Even if I didn't point, only 2 players could surpass me given all were caught up. Reward screen said, "Rank 2", I get only 20 jewels, 1 booster, 30 crystals...

Anyone remember the rewards for top 5???

DISREGARD POST
  • span_argoman
    span_argoman Posts: 751 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    @Yvendros

What happened was I got screwed. Support ticket in. I finished 2nd and received prizes of someone finishing like 150th. This makes no sense! I had a 16-point cushion with 1 refresh remaining. Even if I didn't point, only 2 players could surpass me given all were caught up. Reward screen said, "Rank 2", I get only 20 jewels, 1 booster, 30 crystals...

Anyone remember the rewards for top 5???

Care to address this issue as well as an apparent new tiebreaker system and the bogus matchmaking exploit, which unbelievably still exists after all the maintenance??? @Brigby, @LakeStone
    I'm assuming you are in Platinum cause the rewards you mentioned (20 Jewels, 30 Crystals and 1 KLD booster) are actually the rewards for being top 5 in Planeswalker Arena for Platinum...
  • PhoenixRisen
    PhoenixRisen Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @span_argoman
    No? That's it? Why did I think it was 80? Probably confusing it with Breaking Points. Well, damn. Thanks, mate.