Need an opinion about championing.

Options
Silverblade
Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
I have an 8 cover Doctor Strang3, and 109 CPs.
I also have 3 blue covers, which is (sadly) the color I have maxed and thus can't use on him right now. 2 are about to expire (less than 24 hours).
Should I spend 100 CPs and champion him so not to lose those covers?
I also have Groot and Scarlet on similar situations, albeit they require less CPs for championing.
445k ISO available.
Help, please?

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Three-star covers are plentiful, particularly for characters still in the token pool (and I don't think Strang3 will be leaving the pool anytime soon). Save your CP, sell the covers for ISO, and wait for better times.
    Most of the time CP should only be spent on the thirteenth cover when other covers are about to expire. Buying five covers would be... excessive.
  • Silverblade
    Options
    Thanks man. Groot is 1 cover away, Blad3 and SWitch are 2 and Luk3 is 3, any of those is worth a punt for that last cover?
    Blad3 and Luke covers are 10 days away from expiring. SWitch is 4 days away.
    All your help is super appreciated.
  • Silverblade
    Options
    Also, any other insights abut my roster, it can be found on my signature and it is up to date.
    Thanks, really.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Pre-vaulting, an argument could be made that any/all of those would be worth the CP. I did it myself a few times, but I wouldn't now. All those characters are in tokens, so you will get the covers, sooner or later. Use Bonus Heroes to concentrate on one at a time, and move on to the next as soon as one is done. I finished off 3* Punisher from, I think, 5 covers within ​two weeks.

On mobile - can't see your signature.
  • Silverblade
    Options
    That makes sense.
    I know I am getting a 13th cover for IM40 once Deadpool vs MPQ ends.
    Is there a real point in focusing Bonus heroes on a single one when I have many that are near champion level?
    Does it make a difference percentile-wise to pick one instead of many? I mean, in the chances of actually pulling a bonus cover. Isn't it counterintuitive?
    If I pull a cover of the single Bonus Hero I have chosen that takes away the chance of pulling one. It would make sense to have two Bonus Heroes, I think.

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Lt.Silverblade/
  • Quebbster
    Options
    The advantage to a single bonus hero is that you know what you will get - If you have several you have a greater chance to get less needed covers. Pick the one you need most, then as soon as you get what you need for that one you switch to someone else.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    That makes sense.
    I know I am getting a 13th cover for IM40 once Deadpool vs MPQ ends.
    Is there a real point in focusing Bonus heroes on a single one when I have many that are near champion level?
    Does it make a difference percentile-wise to pick one instead of many? I mean, in the chances of actually pulling a bonus cover. Isn't it counterintuitive?
    If I pull a cover of the single Bonus Hero I have chosen that takes away the chance of pulling one. It would make sense to have two Bonus Heroes, I think.

https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/Lt.Silverblade/
    It's a two-step process:

1) did you win a bonus hero? If yes, proceed to step 2:
    2) which bonus hero did you get? If you have only 1 chosen, that's what you get. If you have 2 chosen, randomly select one of those 2.

The odds of winning a bonus hero do not depend on how many you have selected.
  • Silverblade
    Options
    My issue stems with the fact that if you get the single selected hero with the regular pull and the RNG decided you would've got a bonus hero but you have just the one you pulled you missed a bonus hero without even knowing.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    My issue stems with the fact that if you get the single selected hero with the regular pull and the RNG decided you would've got a bonus hero but you have just the one you pulled you missed a bonus hero without even knowing.
    You can get a bonus hero that's the same as the cover you just pulled. I know I have gotten two of my favorite covers from a single token before. You are not losing out by only having one bonus hero.