Friendly Reminder: Please use spoiler tags when appropriate

fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
**Mod Mode: ON!**

Since we had a minor incident in the Star-Lord character thread, the mod squad thought it best to remind the community to use the spoiler tag function when appropriate. Having a movie or comic event spoiled is definitely an uncool experience and something we would like to avoid here on the forum so please exercise good judgement and be considerate of your fellow forum users when posting such information. Thank you!

**Mod Mode: OFF!**

CAUTION: There are real movie spoilers in some of the spoiler tags in this thread. View at your own risk.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    How do you use the spoiler tag function on the new forum? There's no button on the old one.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited May 2017
    snlf25 said:
    In B4 Ducky moves this to Suggestions and Feedback.
    lol!

How do you use the spoiler tag function on the new forum? There's no button on the old one.
    If you click on the format button (the button on the left side of the smiley face) you should be able to select spoiler to tag such information.

Feel free to test it out in this thread. ;)

• Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards

or type [open angle bracket]div class= " Spoiler"> Insert Spoiler Here [open angle bracket/div>
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    test test test

I'd have never found this.

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    The function seems to be difficult to access on my phone. Oh well, I had no plans to spoil anything anyway.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kq9ghrlh

cool beans

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Testing testing 1 2 3

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards

Spoiler Alert!

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I don't see it on mobile. 

Oh, you have to add space to the bottom of the page by inserting extra lines or typing a bunch. 

D3, fix your forums for mobile users. 

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah gotta say I was going to make a spoiler joke thing somewhere and had a real pause on the method.
    I did eventually find it by clicking around on the icons and such, but it's really not an obvious feature at all.

It's only because I knew the old forum had the feature that I knew to look at all. Any newbies will have no clue.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Gwyneth's head is in the box
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker

Wow, an actual spoiler. 

Still, the statute of limitations for spoilers on Se7en is long since passed. So anyone who hasn't seen it yet, click at your own risk, and remember:

Verbal Kint is Keyser Sose 

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 said:
    In B4 Ducky moves this to Suggestions and Feedback.
    lol!

If you click on the format button (the button on the left side of the smiley face) you should be able to select spoiler to tag such information.

Feel free to test it out in this thread. ;)

Interestingly, once you choose a format, you don't have the option to go back to "Normal".  Instead you have to either ctrl-Z or switch to html view and remove the tags.

And if anyone has a way to get the paragraph format choice to work on the paragraph your cursor is in or that you have selected, rather than always the first paragraph, I'd like to know how you do it.

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards

Wow, an actual spoiler. 

Still, the statute of limitations for spoilers on Se7en is long since passed. So anyone who hasn't seen it yet, click at your own risk, and remember:

Verbal Kint is Keyser Sose 

The irony is, beyonderbub's spoiler wasn't a spoiler until you pointed out which movie it was from.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Soylent Green is people.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Will do.  Darth is Luke's dad.

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Malcolm Crowe is really a ghost