Who thinks a currency conversion system would be be a good idea?

Options
Captsquee
Captsquee Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
edited April 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
The ability to trade in x amount of runes,  crystals or jewels for another.  Have all your extra deck slots and planeswalkers maxed?  Those runes are collecting dust and you're just a few crystals/jewels shy of that booster pack/random mythic. What if you need runes and really want to level your PW? Those crystals/jewels would be worth losing to get you character levelled.  The aspect is so beneficial and adds more reasons to grind in the game.  

Who thinks a currency conversion system would be be a good idea? 24 votes

I agree
87%
ROYGBV00shteevScotcampMainloop25SteemefrostIvoryjetnoctisMrMoustacheTHEMAGICkMANAngelForgeGunmix25MatthewtheyrejustelvesdeletedgoneLaeuftbeidirThuranFroggyIgemonGormhausPCrooks 21 votes
I disagree
12%
GandhiNalthazarDsagent 3 votes

Comments

• deletedgone
    deletedgone Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I agree
    This means unlimited free cards. Never going to happen.
  • Formulator
    Formulator Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I agree
    This definitely needs to happen. Somebody with even a modest collection can spend $100 on crystals and get nothing in return. For established players, crystals are an absolute rip off. You're better off just donating that money to you're favorite charity or something... That would be more fulfilling, at least.

Anyway, 3 dupe Mythics should score you enough crystals to get a shot at another guaranteed Mythic. It doesn't even have to be new, just a shot at a new one. I think that's a good starting point for negotiations.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I agree
    Yep, I'll take it, I have 70 dupe mythics sitting around doing nothing.

Also, I think there should be a system for converting Commons into Masterpieces

Also, who wants to buy my magic beans?
  • Captsquee
    Options
    Under 40 rare and mythics combined. I just got a dupe for 150 crystals. That is so **** and the math is staggering. 150 for a dupe of consulate crackdown? If I bought a super pack at least I may have received a new card or two. I have 30ish rares and I got  dupe? That is awesome especially when I have all characters, max with additional slots. 
  • Captsquee
    Options
    shteev said:
    Yep, I'll take it, I have 70 dupe mythics sitting around doing nothing.

Also, I think there should be a system for converting Commons into Masterpieces

Also, who wants to buy my magic beans?

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I agree
    Good idea? Absolutely. 

Likely to happen? Not a chance. At least not one that doesn't make it next to impossible for us to use it. Yknow like 100k runes = 100 xtals, 1000 xtals = 100 unobtainium. 
  • Captsquee
    Options
    Point is you could turn those dupes into better things after you accumulate enough of them. Such a tragedy to get the means for a new card after you get dupe after dupe.