I have a plan

So, with the release of the new characters we get accompanying events that will no doubt give a cover for that character. This isn't the first time they did this. They have recently done it with Agent Coulson and before with Cho and (way back) Ant-Man.

Now, let's talk about the Agent Coulson event. That ended with a "to be continued", and since the two other main characters in that event were Quake and Nick Fury, this opens the door to an event starring both those, even though they they aren't new characters. This made me thinking, with the vaulting of characters, making events starring vaulted characters (and thus giving a cover of said character as a reward) would give the opportunity to give out old characters.

The event with Cho has had re-runs in the past, so it would be possible to do the same with other side-events. So maybe once a season have a mini-event giving a vaulted character is possible.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'll gladly take a Quake event! 
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's all part of the....

Wait, wrong universe. Carry on.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think they need to unlock the vaulted characters.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    they should have a 3 day event like this for every 4* and rotate cover colors so that yearly we can almost get 1 set of colors for every 4*.  may not be a 4* DDQ but it's a start.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Playing this new event makes me realize how bad they are at making new and introducing/trying new goon characters.  They have enough time to release a new character [or two!] every 2 weeks, but they can't give us a new goon to fight, or maybe one big space monster to fight?

I mean, c'mon.  Throw in a random ability or two... or if they're feeling crazy... 3!   
    I'm not saying these mini events aren't good but I would appreciate some new goons.  Even if we only saw them once ever.  
    At least then you would have something that feels a bit more 'fresh'. 
    Coulson event could have easily introduced a hydra agent goon or two. 

But that's just my opinion. 
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Well this one is just great as it requires 5* in order to play node that gives us 5000 iso. This is super low!!!!
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    elvy75 said:
    Well this one is just great as it requires 5* in order to play node that gives us 5000 iso. This is super low!!!!
    They ask for Starlord. I have to say, who? :(
  • ExcretusMaximus
    ExcretusMaximus Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    elvy75 said:
    I was extremely upset when I got to that node.  They make the "event" easy as all get out, and then they lock the final node behind a luck of the draw.  Screw these devs.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    This was a terrible event. That final node was a nice slap in the face too.  Didn't get lucky with the 10% token you got?  No 5k ISO for you then.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    the only excuse I can even think of is that they intended this to be 3* starlord and it slipped through testing?

I'm not sure which is more disgusting.  doing this on purpose or just not even bothering to proof read events.

My high school teachers would just flunk your work for not checking your answers
  • Jsh2014
    Jsh2014 Posts: 87 Match Maker
    I cleared that story event there is another node after that gives a Starlord LT. I was lucky that I pulled the 5* SL And  IT COST ME 175 CP and 1 STarlord LT but I did get 3 Riri, it keeps showing me the game metrics are way off but I will table that for another discussion. This story also left the ending open for an addition to its story line prob have to wait till we get Gotg 3 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why are we even bothering with this distinction.  If demi wants to send everyone without 5* starlload a 5k iso present.  they I will withdraw my pay to play comment?

Otherwise, its day 3 of star load's release and unless you got lucky out of the 3 free tokens,  then your buying chances to play this node. 

That is sorta the definition of pay to play content.  I'd be more sympathetic if they waited until 5 load is in LT.  but if you didn't hit in your 3 free pulls then your paying to play 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Sm0keyJ0e said:
    Guys, the 5k ISO Star-Lord node is not a slap in the face, it's compensation for those who were unlucky enough to pull him and have to pay 1k HP to roster that piece of...
    I have to say, after playing with the loaner in two of the nodes, I'm not impressed. At all. He steals enemy special tiles, but doesn't even buff them? Weak. Medusa laughs in your face.

The green is nice though. Good thing I can get that with the 3* version. 
  • Jsh2014
    No the last node comes after you beat the required 5* Starlord node.
  • Jsh2014
    It's wasn't for the 10000 it was for the LT
  • NewMcG
    NewMcG Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    Everyone's undies are so twisted about one node. It didn't affect getting the 10k progression prize, it was a 5k "bonus" for those fortunate (or unfortunate as may be the case) to grab the 5* from one of the mingling of free tokens rather easily attainable in the last few events. (And even in the event in question.) 
  • Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I'm sorry, I think everyone is getting a little side tracked right here.

This isn't about the Starlord mini event, it's about introducing a mini event once a season that would centre around a vaulted 4*, giving that 4* as a reward at the end.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jsh2014 said:
    It's wasn't for the 10000 it was for the LT
    I don't have 5tar-Lord yet and I got both the 10K ISO and the LT from the event. The only thing I missed out on by not having the essential character was the 5K ISO reward from that one node.