No sense in game matching at all

Options
sutoLkcalB
sutoLkcalB Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
Are you trying to drive us away?

Make an event where you have to play with Dofi Baan with the secondary goal to energize 45 gems.
ok - I create a deck concentrating on paralyzing the enemy PW and energizing gems.
Then I do get the Kotz PW in the first match as an opponent  - with a highly aggressive deck. Nothing about energizing gems in that deck. Simply plain destruction.

Where is the sense in that?

I had to look at a fountain of fireworks of gem combinations for my opponent. The most boring after endless loops.
So it is needless to say that I had not a iota of a chance, despite Hixus and similar cards.

Comments

• OhanaUnited
    OhanaUnited Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Options
    Yeah, energize 20 or 30 gems make way more sense
  • Fedaykin
    Fedaykin Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I have a big complaint in how the opponents are chosen. I just played a round of battles with Liliana the Last Hope and Dovin Baan. My Liliana is level 46 and has 96 HP. I got matched against a level 60 Dovin Baan with 114 HP. That is not fair. I got crushed. My Dovin Baan is level 25 with 66 HP. I got matched against a level 60 Nahiri with 102 HP. That is not fair. I got crushed. **** is going on? It was not so unevenly matched before......
  • Fedaykin
    Options
    lol... tinykitty is going on?...   I actually typed W..T..F.. is going on... must be a filter against it. 
  • Fedaykin
    Options
    if the fights are going to be this unfair, then I can see myself not playing this game as much as I have been...... it's a big time consumer as it is, and not worth investing so much time for a big frustrating no-win situation... 
  • Fedaykin
    Options
    okay... the next round matched my level 46 Liliana against a level 60 opponent...... I lost...... and now MY LEVEL 25 DOVIN BAAN IS MATCHED AGAINST A LEVEL 55 DOVIN BAAN....... WHERE IS THE FAIRNESS IN THAT????????????????????????????????????
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Matchmaking seems to always consider your last PW you played with.
    For example you play with your lvl 60 PW. After that you play with your lvl 30 PW. Matchmaking is still considering that you play a lvl 60 PW and matches you accordingly.

It is always one match behind it seems. But you can also use that for your advantage, if your PWs have different levels, as long as it is not fixed.
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The matching is ridiculous.  I was forced to level my planeswalkers in Breaking Points to get somewhere close to the opponent's level.  Now they're all 50, and my opponents are without fail level 60.

d3go, there's a simple solution, one that doesn't even require changing your broken matching mechanism: Force your opponent's planeswalker to the same level as yours as the match starts.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The matching is ridiculous.  I was forced to level my planeswalkers in Breaking Points to get somewhere close to the opponent's level.  Now they're all 50, and my opponents are without fail level 60.

d3go, there's a simple solution, one that doesn't even require changing your broken matching mechanism: Force your opponent's planeswalker to the same level as yours as the match starts.
    You adjust your deck to match your increased mana gains, so lowering your opponent to your level might make matches too easy. Maybe raise your level to match your opponent? Also since you can see your level will go up, you could side board in better cards. 
  • GregDreher
    GregDreher Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wereotter said:

You adjust your deck to match your increased mana gains, so lowering your opponent to your level might make matches too easy. Maybe raise your level to match your opponent? Also since you can see your level will go up, you could side board in better cards. 
    There aren't many decks that are that closely tied to mana gains.  I know some people build decks (with Nahiri, for example) where each creature can be cast with a single on-color match, but the net effect of playing against such a deck where the on-color match is now 1 short is a delay in the first creature cast, and a possible delay when the player's hand is empty and they draw one card.  Higher mana creatures are likely chosen due to their power, and once you get above 12 or so mana, you can't realistically speak in terms of number of matches, because double matches and cascade matches are going to contribute to you casting that card.
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a consideration I make. I play Emrakul in Jace 2 because I know that even with off color matches I can cast her, but if I had the planeswalker at level 12, I wouldn't include her as it would be too hard to cast to be worth it for my lower life total and the time investment.

Its choices like that which make me think it's more fair to raise your level than to lower your opponent. 
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I adjust my deck to suit my planewalker mana gain.
    eg if my off colours are close to that of my favoured
    colours I would use shrine of the forsaken gods. if my
    planeswalker levels up and my favoured colours
    increase to 3 or more than my off colours then I use
    corrupted grafstone. I also adjust the other cards in
    the deck as a result of the change. also the difference
    in being able to cast a kill spell in one turn is significant.

another example is that lilly1 below level 51 may use a
    very different deck to her at 51 and over due to her 1st
    ability reaching rank 4.

HH
  • Diabeetus
    Diabeetus Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm just tired of fighting Koth after Koth after Koth with no energy and clearly not an event deck 
  • Psychoticcherry
    Psychoticcherry Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    edited May 2017
    Options
    The matchmaking since the update is completely ****. My tezz2 is lvl 42 and has faced nothing but lvl 60s. I can't even focus on getting objectives because I am just trying to stay alive and win. I just finished a match against Nahiri, how long do you think that lasted? 3 turns. 3 effing turns. It doesn't bother me to lose when I have a chance, but putting all of us in nearly unwinnable situations is ridiculous.