Brief Server Maintenance (4/28/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

With the recent issues surrounding latency and lag, the team has decided to perform a brief maintenance procedure in an attempt to remedy this.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Update: This maintenance should last approximately 1 hour while they deploy the fix.

Comments

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    What will happen to the event?
    Will the nodes who loaded during the maintenance be lost? Will the event be reset?
  • Brigby
    Will the nodes who loaded during the maintenance be lost? Will the event be reset?
    If you were in the middle of a game when the maintenance began, it is likely that the points will unfortunately be lost. I do not have any news as to whether the event will be reset or not. 
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    @Brigby Honestly, it is not acceptable for us to be losing points because of an issue on your end. This needs to be fixed, either by giving us back charges on nodes, restarting the event, or rerunning the event at a later date.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards

Totally unacceptable.  You guys have removed all good event prizes from the game except for once a month.  Now you run the best card of the entire set out, give us no information about all 7 nodes being full or different objectives, then you expect us to be fine with the fact that you run a maintenance mid event and totally screw players who were unlucky enough to be mid game?

You need to be over with the developers SCREAMING in their ear to cancel this event and run RATC over the weekend.  You can not screw people this bad..

• Laeuftbeidir
    Brigby said:
    Laeuftbeidir said: now
    If you were in the middle of a game when the maintenance began, it is likely that the points will unfortunately be lost. I do not have any news as to whether the event will be reset or not. 
    more or less waiting for the battle to begin with unknown status..
    By the way: the maintenance screen is gone by now: Now the white wheel of loading spins and spins again
  • NickkBKK
    NickkBKK Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I also fell victim and lost one match (despite having just won and complete all objectives). Breaking Point it is. Seriously I have never wanted to quit the game as much as right now. And what the tinykitty is up with starting event with all nodes fully charged!? 
  • Laeuftbeidir
    So, is the maintenance officially over and can we safely try again?

• Brigby
    Hi Everyone. I'm reaching out to the developers right now to inquire about the Breaking Points event, and to relay your concerns.
  • babar3355
    So, is the maintenance officially over and can we safely try again?

No... =)
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Take your time: the maintenance screen is back. Stuck in that node for 1.5 hours, I want those points ;)

• schattenstern
    schattenstern Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    After TWO games interrupted by maintanace this event is not even fair anymore -> You should really start it either new or offer it again (With the same mythic as reward)
  • majincob
    majincob Posts: 732 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    So I am rushed to play games during work due to full nodes, then maintenance is going to take me out of the running for the most anticipated card in the past 2 sets? So *profanity removed* mad right now.
  • James13
    James13 Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    And... maintenance again.  Just as I was about to rush start the event after seeing here it started with full nodes instead of partial.

Sorry guys, but this is actually hilariously tragic.  I'm laughing.
  • manabanana
    manabanana Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Is there not going to be any refreshes on these nodes? I only had 7 charges on the 3 nodes which is only 147 max points and the final reward is for 150 points?
  • Gideon
    Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Over a year later and they've learned nothing.
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    The event has to be reset. It is pretty unfair to anyone who helped you guys discover the issue. It doesn't matter how or when but you need to do right by your players here. And I haven't even played any charges yet.

Also why did this event start with 7 charges? Previous monthly PvP events were set to 5 so there's charges to fill when the event starts.
  • parasith77
    parasith77 Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Also lost because of maintenance. That Really sux
  • Hesturk
    Hesturk Posts: 73 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Totally absurd. I could play 2 games, won both with full objective. I'm credited with only 7 points. And now the game is stuck at loading after I press to play my game, so I fear this is yet another loss coming without playing at all. Restart the event or give the mythic to everyone.

I had no choice but to restart the application. I didn't loose anything from that forever loading. I'm still missing 7 points from my wins.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby losing points to glitches that are out of our hands is exceptionally frustrating. The event should be restarted. 
  • babar3355
    @Brigby It seems the entire left node is actually broken independently of the maintenance and other lag issues.  Which means we cant even get progression.  I will again request that you guys reset this puppy and run a different event this weekend.