VIPs and Intercept Rewards

AionTeleos
AionTeleos Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
I've been a VIP since they rolled out the feature. The rewards for it aren't great, but initially it was a way to support the game, and then when they rolled out the intercept feature, not having to watch videos to claim the rewards suddenly made the VIP membership worth the money to me. Since the last update, though, that perk has gone away for me. Is this intended, or is it a bug that will be fixed in a future update? If it's the former, I don't think I'll bother renewing my VIP membership when the current cycle ends.

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,735 Chairperson of the Boards
    Do you mean you still have to watch videos?  Or that there are no intercepts?  I am VIP, get intercepts, no videos.  Any purchase in game is good for avoiding videos for a time (I think 28 days?).
  • AionTeleos
    edited April 2017
    I mean that although I am a VIP, I have to watch the videos in order to claim the intercept rewards. From what you're saying, it sounds like I need to enter a ticket with customer service. Thanks!

• AionTeleos
    Oh, that makes so much sense. I took about 10 days off from the game recently (the only time I've missed so much as a day in 1105 days of playing), so that explains it. Thanks!
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I received a shield intercept from my daily resupply today. No video, since I'm VIP, but I had no idea that was even possible. 
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I received a shield intercept from my daily resupply today. No video, since I'm VIP, but I had no idea that was even possible. 
    I imagine it came from whatever match you played to get the resupply, not the resupply itself. I believe way back when they introduced Intercepts, they said you should be guaranteed one after the first match you play for the day (whenever that resets for you), which also triggers the resupply. 

Of course, plenty of people say they go days or even weeks in between getting them, so who knows if that was accurate or not. 
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    That's actually possible, I started playing 15 minutes before the daily reset, so maybe I didn't notice the bonus. My luck has been stealing them from some of you unlucky folks for awhile now, I average double digits intercepts daily. RNGesus punishes me on all my vault pulls (especially tacos), so it balances out.