Hanging with Starlord and Riri...

HaiKulture
HaiKulture Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I was kind of hoping that maybe, just maybe, the consolation prizes in the 5* Starlord vault would be 'open field' 4*'s.

No vaulting. More hope than, well, ,,,Riris. 

Nope. Apparently they're besties. 

(Poor Drax. Someone should tell him.)

I know the Whales spout about 'dilution'. But the occasional un-concentration would be nice, cause I'm damp in Riri supersaturation.

Step right up folks! Drop a token! Spend some CP! Try your luck in Heroics or anything vaguely purple and Legendary. 

Ah! The little lady has won a Riri. (Get 'em while they're not so hot.)

With so many vaults a' vaulting the somewhat UnMagnificent 12 are thick as Daken 2's on any other recruitment option.

I usually keep a CP stash for the Legendary one offs, but I'm just not so eager to pull like a mad woman, 

It just seems like I'll be gathering concentrated waste or building future waste with Ms. Congeniality misses.

Two wrongs don't make a right. But 5 Ririrights certainly seem rather Ri-Wrong. 

C'mon...no whammies....no whammies....

Oh well...there's always  Mordo and his ugly stick.

Swellness. 

Comments

• Wolarsen
    Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    ME is getting handfuls if Mordos ><
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I wonder if you know what dilution is...
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I'll take the riri's! I wanna champ her. She's currently my bonus hero.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda agree with the OP. Would have been a great time to at least dust off 4 star starlord and drax, if for at least that one token. Since it is a guardians theme and all.
  • HaiKulture
    HaiKulture Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    @carrion pigeons

di·lu·tion
    dīˈlo͞oSHn,diˈlo͞oSH(ə)n/
    noun
    1. the action of making a liquid more dilute.
      • the action of making something weaker in force, content, or value.
      • Not tripping over Riris like they were Moonstone speed bumps while trying to nab a Starlord

Case in point: With trembling fingers and the squinty eyes of trying to watch a horror movie through the holes in an afghan, I dropped 50 CP on a Starlord gamble. 

2 Black Agent Venom in a row. Wham. Bam. 1.2. 

They look stunning sitting atop the 5 I already have thanks to someone deciding I can't metaphorically live without Riri whenever I roll the Legendary dice. 

Dilution: The opposite of that happening. 

I would have taken a Mr. Fantastic over that. 

Or dare I say it...

...even a Riri. 

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    smkspy said:
    Kinda agree with the OP. Would have been a great time to at least dust off 4 star starlord and drax, if for at least that one token. Since it is a guardians theme and all.

You mean like a GotG vault that included all of them? Yeah would have been nice.. but Drax will soon become one of the best 4*s.. watch him get his rebalance for the upcoming season since he's the only one not getting a new character.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    I dropped (wasted) 600cp last night in hopes of getting the new shiny Star-Lord and while I did pull 1, Gwen and Riri were boxing my ears in from both sides, 1:10 odds my tinykitty

Edit: so out of the 24 pulls, 5 Riri's and 6 Gwen's so almost 50% were the two of the worst 4* toons (in my opinion) guess it's time to hoard my resources until they are out of rotation....

**removed profanity - Ducky
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My vault has Luke Cage in it.
    Shame it's yet another yellow cover that my 5/3/3 doesn't need.

Seriously, I'm having the exact same problem with Luke that I did with my 5/2/2 Moonknight. And in the daily rewards soon is ANOTHER black Moonknight cover I'm going to toss.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Riri is one of my highest level characters at lvl 282.

I literally haven't used her since her release event and follow-up Story event where she was required.  

I was just flooded with Riri covers so I decided to go with the current and champ her.  Sometimes that breaks a bad streak for me.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    let us choose who our 12 (4*) and 20 (3*) pool and make colorless covers.   bammo most problems go away.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've just resorted to saving up the CP to just get the 1 or two covers I need to finish off a 4*. Stinks spending 120CP for one cover, but it's better than spending that on 5 or 6 covers I don't need.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champion 4*s because I have nothing better to do while waiting to receive new non-dupe 5* covers, which generally only happens around once every few months.

Right now, I will work on championing Riri and Blade, but I never really use most 4*s unless they are required or else have very specific useful powers for certain PVE levels, such as Quake (AOE removal), LC (great defense), Medusa (tile stealing), etc.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    It's kind of half and half for me, i don't like it greatly but at the same time it has allowed me faster progression in 4*, it annoys me because i have older 4* so close to 13 covers but i am completely at the mercy of Bonus covers and the Heroes For Hire vaults tho the bonus heros hardly every chucks me a 4* i have had plenty of 3*.

I haven't been hit with the riri stick but have managed to get 13 on blade and have Powerman 1 cover shy and carol, spider woman, gwen sitting 2/3 covers shy and agent coulson right behind but if/when i exhaust the pool in the tokens i am completely at the mercy of Bonus heros, for the rest of the older 4* so my game will slow right down.... wouldnt mind if i could pick a few to appear in the token to have a fair draw chance aswell for my cp...