Rolling out unfinished unpolished updates.

Gideon
Gideon Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
I like most of the features in the new update. There are tons of bugs still even after the delays. Why was this pushed out even though you know it still isn't working properly.This happens with all of your updates. Do you have any plans to try and correct this issue or is this completely acceptable? Will this  happen forever or will there be a corrective action taken? Just let me know now so I won't  set my expectations so high that way I don't get crushed with every update.

Comments

• Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Sometimes it's more important to have a good piece of software now than a great piece of software later. I'm guessing this update was a long time coming and with it released we will see some pretty good fixes over the next few weeks. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    When a new release is coming out, I find it best to lower your expectations until they can't possibly be lowered any more.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Phase is correct in that this update was a long time coming. There were lots of unanticipated features and fixes that needed to be implemented prior, which unfortunately pushed the deadline for this update back quite a few weeks.

Thankfully we seem to be back on track with the update schedule, and if nothing critical pops up beforehand, then Amonkhet should be coming sometime next month!