Deck filters

Options
Phase
Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
edited April 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Edit: turns out there is a filter! Let's use this space to discuss feedback and improvement on the feature.

I would love it if the filters were persistent so that I wouldn't have to filter out theme decks every time I visit the tab 

This is a bug but renaming a deck causes the sort order of the decks to reverse! It fixes itself when you reload the Planeswalkers page (switching tabs doesn't help).

I will say that the filter is much more responsive than the old cards filter used in deckbuilding and I think I will actually use this tab. More or less, good job devs.

---

So the decks tab is a great idea but when I go there now I see about 30-40 useless beginner decks and incomplete expert and master decks, while only 10-15 "custom 1" decks that are actually my real decks. We NEED a way to filter the preconstructed decks from this view so it can be useful to those of us who don't wish to play them.

The filter ought to have checkboxes for "completed theme decks", "incomplete theme decks" and "custom decks". Other suggestions would be great.

If I have to scroll through a bunch of useless decks to get to mine, I will hardly ever use this tab and I suspect no one else will either. A shame of course since I'm sure the devs worked hard to make it for us.

Comments

• Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Phase said:
    So the decks tab is a great idea but when I go there now I see about 30-40 useless beginner decks and incomplete expert and master decks, while only 10-15 "custom 1" decks that are actually my real decks. We NEED a way to filter the preconstructed decks from this view so it can be useful to those of us who don't wish to play them.

The filter ought to have checkboxes for "completed theme decks", "incomplete theme decks" and "custom decks". Other suggestions would be great.

If I have to scroll through a bunch of useless decks to get to mine, I will hardly ever use this tab and I suspect no one else will either. A shame of course since I'm sure the devs worked hard to make it for us.
    Let me preface this by saying I haven't really dug into the specific section you're referencing.

That being said, I thought I saw a filter function there that's similar to the one available in the card library. Am I wrong? I honestly don't know, so please enlighten me.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There is actually a filter implented!
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    HAH! Holy **** there is some sort of filter! I totally missed it. I'll edit this post with suggestions for improvement then
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The filters are nice! But please can they stay active even when we leave the screen and return to it? Because every single time I come back to that screen I'm going to want to filter out the Beginner decks.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @Phase Thanks for the heads up about the deck slot reversal bug. I'll pass it along to the QA team!

@shteev Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass your suggestion along to the developers.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby said:
    @Phase Thanks for the heads up about the deck slot reversal bug. I'll pass it along to the QA team!

@shteev Thanks for your feedback. I'll pass your suggestion along to the developers.
    Even just a setting option like "display premade decks? yes/no" would be great, so we don't need to continually filter it
  • shteev
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Hmm. For some reason today the game has decided to list my decks in reverse alphabetical order, regardless of what my filter settings are.

[edit] Ok I think I may have homed in on what the problem is. If I rename a deck in the 'decks' screen, then my list of decks will be put in reverse alphabetical order. If I try and change the order with the filters, and hit 'Apply', then the deck list stays in that order. But if I simply enter the filters and hit 'Apply' without changing the filters, I can get my decklist back to being alphabetically ordered as normal.

[edit] Aha! Somehow the filter on my 'Planeswalkers' tab is on reverse alphabetical, and that's been influencing the order of my decks. (There's still odd behaviour here that needs fixing, tho).

[edit] Ok now it's just being crazy. I name my two ob nixilis decks '0b RatC 3-3' and 0b Lost Legacy', with a zero instead of a letter O, and it's decided to put them at either end of the list.
  • shteev
    Options
    Also... can we have a few more legal characters for deck names? . and ' especially would be nice.