Why Was Jace 1 So Good?

Options
System
System Posts: 1,024 Chairperson of the Boards
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quick Battle Stats Screen Graveyard.

Comments

• JopeX37
    JopeX37 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev said:
    Ain't that the truth... I'd easily have gotten a win streak of 1000 with Jace 1 back in the day if not for crashes. That guy was crazy powerful before the nerfing mallet hit him repeatedly in the unmentionables.
    That must've been before my time, what made him so good?
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JopeX37 said:
    shteev said:
    Ain't that the truth... I'd easily have gotten a win streak of 1000 with Jace 1 back in the day if not for crashes. That guy was crazy powerful before the nerfing mallet hit him repeatedly in the unmentionables.
    All KINDS of stuff!

1) He was the only planeswalker who made 6 mana for an on color match at max level (lvl 50)
    2) Claustrophobia cost 6 and had 2 charges (and was common)
    3) Days Undoing cost 6
    4) Jace's Sanctum cost 6
    5) Bounce effects destroyed creatures if there was no space for the creature in your opponents hand
    6) Harbinger of the Tides was a 6/6
    7) Players couldn't exile cards from their hands, so anything that was bounced back with an increased cost just got stuck there.
    8) Mizzium Meddler was.... well it's complicated, but let's just say it stopped the AI casting practically anything.

He was the boss.

Oh, I've just realised this post is Off Topic.... @Brigby can you please delete it for me?
  • Rogan_Josh
    Rogan_Josh Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev said:
    JopeX37 said:
    shteev said:
    All KINDS of stuff!

1) He was the only planeswalker who made 6 mana for an on color match at max level (lvl 50)
    2) Claustrophobia cost 6 and had 2 charges (and was common)
    3) Days Undoing cost 6
    4) Jace's Sanctum cost 6
    5) Bounce effects destroyed creatures if there was no space for the creature in your opponents hand
    6) Harbinger of the Tides was a 6/6
    7) Players couldn't exile cards from their hands, so anything that was bounced back with an increased cost just got stuck there.
    8) Mizzium Meddler was.... well it's complicated, but let's just say it stopped the AI casting practically anything.

He was the boss.

Oh, I've just realised this post is Off Topic.... @Brigby can you please delete it for me?
    Golden days when Chandra was amazing and Jace > everything. Harbringer cost 10 in those days to.