Anticipating Thanos PVE issues

madsalad
madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
New PVE; new problems.

Will it be server lag? Crazy scaling? Nodes not unlocking as they should be? Something completely new and different we haven't seen before?

Inquiring minds want to know!

*Or maybe it will be A-OK and I'm just a jaded negative Nelly.

More importantly, will board mods, devs and CS all be on stand-by to help players out with any questions or issues they have during the first day of the first run of a new PVE? 

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I reckon it'll be him getting triple AP every few turns and 30AP in a random colour meaning he'll *very* quickly stomp on you.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I reckon it'll be him getting triple AP every few turns and 30AP in a random colour meaning he'll *very* quickly stomp on you.

I Believe the player gets the benefit from matching the various gems, not Thanos. But Thanos should still be able to pump out respectable damage in later rounds even if he doesn't get the benefit of the gems.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Instant death on turn 3 in later rounds. It will still be an improvement on boss rush.  :) 
  • madsalad
    Seriously though, the intent of my post was this line:

"More importantly, will board mods, devs and CS all be on stand-by to help players out with any questions or issues they have during the first day of the first run of a new PVE?"

I just feel we've been burned by these new PVEs so many times in the past that I hope they have learned their lesson finally and dedicated time and resources to actually be available to address issues in a quick manner on the first day, and then obviously on Friday, too. 
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    madsalad said:
    Seriously though, the intent of my post was this line:

"More importantly, will board mods, devs and CS all be on stand-by to help players out with any questions or issues they have during the first day of the first run of a new PVE?"

I just feel we've been burned by these new PVEs so many times in the past that I hope they have learned their lesson finally and dedicated time and resources to actually be available to address issues in a quick manner on the first day, and then obviously on Friday, too. 

Sure, they'll be on standbye for the first day.

Pity that issues only manifest after 24 hours when side-node scaling goes into overdrive (it will) and we will see how bad rounds 7 and 8 will be (they will be very bad).

MAYBE they'll manage to run this starting on a Tuesday in another 3 years, so that they can actually respond to issues (they won't).

And no, they won't dedicate resources. Poor Brigby will try all weekend to get responses to the desperate emails he sends to Mount Demiurge, but won't get info until Monday noon.

Stuff may or may not get fixed for the second run, for worse prizes of course.

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    new boss event...

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a plan. If this Thanos boss event is just as bad as Boss Rush then we need to join together and NOT GO SEE GOTG2! That will be $1000 less in Disney's pocket lol
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a plan. If this Thanos boss event is just as bad as Boss Rush then we need to join together and NOT GO SEE GOTG2! That will be $1000 less in Disney's pocket lol
    Lol, i'll be with you in spirit while I'm watching it this weekend. :wink:
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I predict scaling issues due to boosted 5*.  These will be most brutal for people who are still pre/early 3* champ level who have idle 5*s on their roster.  Will also be brutal for people who max level 5*s that aren't really usable at that cover level.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    at least they aren't in a convention like 1st galactus event. lol.   that in itself is an improvement.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i hope CD don't automatically lose one when they spawn, hence only have 1 turn before massive damage each time.

we all know scaling is gonna be bonkers after day 1 hopefully, not just generally.  damn did i just jynx us? unless they want us to buy more health packs.

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll said:
    I predict scaling issues due to boosted 5*.  These will be most brutal for people who are still pre/early 3* champ level who have idle 5*s on their roster.  Will also be brutal for people who max level 5*s that aren't really usable at that cover level.
    The "boost" to 5s is 10 levels.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:
    Less, a 255 boosts to 263.  It's basically pointless for low level 5*s.  Not sure what happens to 400+ 5*s. 

• TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    Vhailorx said:
    Bowgentle said:
    broll said:
    Less, a 255 boosts to 263.  It's basically pointless for low level 5*s.  Not sure what happens to 400+ 5*s. 

OML from 455 to 469 or so. 
  • madsalad
    Hmm, I guess I take it all back. Seems fine.