Let's Talk About Strange

Options
2»

Comments

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    DaveR4470 said:
    If I really want to slice through goon nodes, though, I fire up the champed Medusa/Carnage/Mr F team that hits like a tank and never drops below maybe 90% health.  You haven't lived until a goon fires off a sniper shot.... that does 1 damage and winds up triggering a small chain reaction that heals your team for 9800 health and gives you 5 random free AP....
    I haven't tried it recently, but, does this still work well after the change to carnage?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JablesMc said:
    DaveR4470 said:
    If I really want to slice through goon nodes, though, I fire up the champed Medusa/Carnage/Mr F team that hits like a tank and never drops below maybe 90% health.  You haven't lived until a goon fires off a sniper shot.... that does 1 damage and winds up triggering a small chain reaction that heals your team for 9800 health and gives you 5 random free AP....
    I haven't tried it recently, but, does this still work well after the change to carnage?
    I haven't tried it either, but I assume it still works. Just less well.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I can't think of a single 3* cover that completely changes the way you play the game the way a 5* cover can.
    IM40 changed the way I played the game.

That's one character. I said one cover. Did 0/0/1 IM40 change your game?
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,628 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu said:
    I can't think of a single 3* cover that completely changes the way you play the game the way a 5* cover can.
    IM40 changed the way I played the game.

That's one character. I said one cover. Did 0/0/1 IM40 change your game?
    To be fair, if the player in question doesn't spend the iso to level characters until they are fully covered, or until they have the extra champ cover, a single IM40 cover could make quite the difference.

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not seeing where you're coming from. Even in my first few weeks of the game a 0/0/1 Iron Man would not have helped me out, aside from having higher HP and match damage, which isn't unique to IM40 at all.

• DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Borstock said:
    JablesMc said:
    DaveR4470 said:
    I haven't tried it either, but I assume it still works. Just less well.
    I actually like it a little better post-change, because you can now control Carnage's deployment of his strike tiles.  The new normal is to save up your black, then pop as many as you can when you have enough green to fire that.  Or fire them off when Medusa can scramble the board and maybe steal some of them.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sorry, I'm not seeing where you're coming from. Even in my first few weeks of the game a 0/0/1 Iron Man would not have helped me out, aside from having higher HP and match damage, which isn't unique to IM40 at all.

I have to agree.  A 0-0-1 IM40 is not worthless, but generating 6 total AP in blue and red isn't gamechanging, and a one-cover IM40 is pretty weak health-wise.
  • mrb
    mrb Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Nah, s'fine, they only care about 4* and 5* now, anyway. There are 3* characters with way more wrong with them than Strange, but they're orphaned and forgotten in 3* land forever.