Allow ISO/HP crossover spending

FTWDex
FTWDex Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
I am a player at 1210 consecutive days. I have reached a point in play where I no longer have anything to spend ISO.

I have in the past paid for HP so that I could increase my library size. But even with this spending, I have ranked up all of my characters as far as they can go. My 1 & 2 stars are maxed. My 3-stars are past 166 and now just make more ISO for me. My 4 and 5 stars are not at Max Level, but at the speed I earn ISO, I can instantly upgrade those characters when I get a new cover. I'm now sitting on about 300K ISO and growing with no outlet.

I suggest there be an option to either purchase HP with ISO, or have the ability to buy slots or covers with a high ISO cost. 

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

I'll see your 300K ISO and raise it to 3,6 million ISO. That's what I have stashed right now.

But once I open my hoard of Latest Legends tokens I will have 10 different fourstars in need of ISO to be maxed - if they were all at base level that would be my 3,6 million right there, but fortunately most of them have been leveled a bit already (Cloak and Dagger is lowest at level 90, Captain Marvel and Agent Coulson is at level 250). I hope to have enough ISO left over to max out one or two fivestars too (all Three would be fantastic but I may not cover them all fully).

Bottom line? You need a heck of a lot of ISO just to stay afloat in this game. It may feel like a lot right now, but sooner or later you are going to need all that ISO.

• Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Agreed with Q. 300k is hardly endless amount of iso. It's not enough to take 1 4* to max. You might want to start cycling the 2* farm (you say they are maxed - in reality they hardly should be). It costs a bit of iso but you get the rewards that can fuel your 4 and 5* game. And this will create the iso need for you.

• FTWDex
    I understand your belief that the sink holes in the system for ISO would counterbalance the surplus I have at the moment. But I'm not saying this as a neophyte.
    I'm a game designer with 13 years under my belt and I'm telling you that there is a point in the economic balance as it stands that reaches a breaking point. I can already see how the math of the roster and upgrades, even including new characters at the current clip, will not be able to stop the rate of ISO generation I've hit with 1200+ days into the game. It will only slow it down a little. There needs to be another outlet for ISO spend, otherwise this is a slow moving but out of balance system.
    Had I not upgraded all characters to their limits and horded ISO, yes I agree 3.6M would be achievable. But you have a hoard of Legendary tokens waiting to pop. I'm telling you that I've used those tokens, then used my surplus to upgrade all of those characters. The point behind that is economic breakage. ISO no longer serves value when there is functionally no way to spend it.
  • Megdar
    Megdar Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    It take around 14 days a regular player to gather 400k iso, and there is 1 new 4* each 2 weeks. This ask for 383k iso to max him. I don't get where you find more iso to spend... If your 4* are not all maxed then here is where you should spent the iso.

You complain they give too much iso when you are 4 years into the game. The iso rate right now is SOOOOOOOOOOOOO low that it is mathematically near impossible to champ every 4* for someone that start playing because they release the new Hero faster then you can get the iso to champ them.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah... let's revisit this in a year when your roster has progressed. Having too much ISO is definitely a temporary problem. 
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Magic said:
    Agreed with Q. 300k is hardly endless amount of iso. It's not enough to take 1 4* to max. You might want to start cycling the 2* farm (you say they are maxed - in reality they hardly should be). It costs a bit of iso but you get the rewards that can fuel your 4 and 5* game. And this will create the iso need for you.

Technically, you lose a bit of iso when you sell and rebuild your farm. However, if you take the xp earned into consideration and factor the large iso bonus for each level and divide that by the amount of xp required, you will find it's pretty close to break even.
  • FTWDex
    It's almost been a month. Increased my roster from 104 to 109, taking in a few 5 stars and paying out the initial ISO cost. Also paying out level increases on upgraded character covers as they come in. Now at 500K ISO.

We can see where this goes, but I design these systems for a living. 

All I'm asking for is an alternate spend funnel for ISO to give a little more agency.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    The guy's not exactly wrong. Nowadays most people playing full schedule make more ISO than new character releases can absorb.

Him not being an overly active player only means, he has a far lower ISO debt than many of us who for a long time earned more covers than ISO.

So, as long as he doesn't get too many 5* covers, it's not unlikely, his ISO needs won't catch up with his ISO income.