Re-Scheduled: Server Maintenance (4/27/17)

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

We will be performing server maintenance tomorrow morning. This will last approximately 3 hours. Please see the details below:

Start: 04/25/17 at 10:00am EDT / 2:00pm UTC / 7:00am PDT
End: 04/25/17 at 1:00pm EDT / 5:00pm UTC / 10:00am PDT

Thanks for understanding!

Edit: Maintenance has been postponed. I will update this post once I receive confirmation of future schedule time.

Update: 
The server maintenance has been re-scheduled to the following times below. We will also be rolling the 2.0 update out during this downtime.

Start: 04/27/17 at 10:00am EDT / 2:00pm UTC / 7:00am PDT
End: 04/27/17 at 3:00pm EDT / 7:00pm UTC / 12:00pm PDT

Thanks for understanding!

Update 2: 
Maintenance time is anticipated to last 5 hours due to various technical procedures, and propagation of new build version through 1st party app stores.

Comments

• THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is this for the update?
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Happy EO guys! You weren't able to play earlier? Your fault! 
  • erakbgg
    erakbgg Posts: 62 Match Maker
    Options
    Must have started early. My loading screen gets stuck on "fetching player event". The update isn't scheduled for another hour and a half.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Same for me.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    *Maintenance has been postponed. I will update this post once I receive confirmation of future schedule time.
  • bashbash
    bashbash Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The started early.  I finished my last node for at least a top 50 and "something went wrong" "something went wrong".  So much for another Freejam Regent.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    Brigby said:
    *Maintenance has been postponed. I will update this post once I receive confirmation of future schedule time.
    How that?
    The events haven't been accessible two hours before the announced time (many thanks, much grateful), and since the announced time the game isn't accessible anymore? So you closed the servers without maintenancing them?

And - c'm on, is it only a maintenance or will the update be implemented?
  • Amadeus
    Amadeus Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    Really? don't you people have change controls ? a test environment ? how hard could this really be ?
  • Phase
    Phase Posts: 157 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE UPDATE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

(This is such a tease! Hook us up with an update already!)
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    It's not really postponed, is it, since the game is down. It's more like extended.

[edit] Ooh, no, it's running again!
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's called: rollback :)
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    --> you can log-in again. 
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ****!?!? 

I tried logging in this morning, and it's blown my account away. I'm back to the "Start Training" startup screen. The last time this happened, it took them 10 days to hook me back up again. SUPER Frustrated.

Heck of an update... I was even trying to remain positive about it.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    tinykitty!?!? 

I tried logging in this morning, and it's blown my account away. I'm back to the "Start Training" startup screen. The last time this happened, it took them 10 days to hook me back up again. SUPER Frustrated.

Heck of an update... I was even trying to remain positive about it.

Perhaps you've already tried this, but you can try reconnecting your FB account to it from the appropriate screen. I've had to do that before and successfully reconnected to my account without going through CS.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    madwren said:
    Perhaps you've already tried this, but you can try reconnecting your FB account to it from the appropriate screen. I've had to do that before and successfully reconnected to my account without going through CS.
    Hey Madwren. Thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated. I never linked my MTG:PQ account to Facebook, so I don't think I'm able to do that. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
  • bashbash
    bashbash Posts: 14 Just Dropped In
    Options
    madwren said:
    Hey Madwren. Thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated. I never linked my MTG:PQ account to Facebook, so I don't think I'm able to do that. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    wickedwitch74--if you haven't done it yet, don't.  It will replace your old account with the training account that you just started.  I had that happen when I got a new phone and saved my new phone account to Facebook before my main account.  Customer service got it straightened out luckily.
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Options
    ...Just to point out the natural development as explained in your topic concerning off topic posts.
     Bits of information provided by official side:
    "Server maintenance!"

questions regarding the topic are popping up:
    "Is this maintenance the update we are waiting for?"

Another bit of information is provided, ignoring previous questions and without explanation:
    "Server maintenance is postphoned"

People begin to talk about non-topic related things...Well, and someone begins to meta-analyse the development of the thread to point out whats wrong ;)
    @wickedwitch74 : this is something for the support team!

B2T:
    I hope this won't delay the update (if it has anything to do with it, who knows?) as far as the last time something unexpected happened! 
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren said:
    Unfortunately, if you haven't already linked an account, then I don't think my suggestion will work. Definitely do not link one if you haven't previously done so. Sorry!

• losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    "seamless updates"