Re-Scheduled: Server Maintenance (4/27/17)

2»

Comments

• Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Neither seamless nor updates
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. Apologies for the confusion. From what I'm aware, this is not specifically to implement the upcoming 2.0 update, but rather maintenance to prepare the server for when it is ready to be implemented.

When it comes to your account, @wickedwitch74 , I'm terribly sorry to hear that happened to you. If you can send in a support ticket, then Customer Support can help you with restoring your account.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,950 Chairperson of the Boards
    As annoying as the postponements are, I'll keep waiting if there is a better game at the other side of it. 
  • speakupaskanswer
    speakupaskanswer Posts: 306 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    How about any information why all of this is taking so long? Extreme internal testing to get everything right? Changes that implement the forum users' suggestions? Anything else?
  • Daan
    Daan Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    bashbash said:
    madwren said:
    Perhaps you've already tried this, but you can try reconnecting your FB account to it from the appropriate screen. I've had to do that before and successfully reconnected to my account without going through CS.
    Hey Madwren. Thanks for the suggestion. Much appreciated. I never linked my MTG:PQ account to Facebook, so I don't think I'm able to do that. Please correct me if I'm wrong...
    wickedwitch74--if you haven't done it yet, don't.  It will replace your old account with the training account that you just started.  I had that happen when I got a new phone and saved my new phone account to Facebook before my main account.  Customer service got it straightened out luckily.
    I did this and lost everything I just made an ticket for cutsomer support i do not recommed doing this 
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    The crash set me back to the beginning.  I lost 10 walkers all level 59 or 60 and almost 800 cards.  How can I get my account fixed?
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    The crash set me back to the beginning.  I lost 10 walkers all level 59 or 60 and almost 800 cards.  How can I get my account fixed?
    So, I logged in this morning and got the "Error: Something Went Wrong!" popup. I hit "Retry" three or four times before finally hitting "Cancel".

This brought me to the "Start Training" login screen, as if I had first logged in. 

Not wanting to make matters worse, I did not log in. 

After opening a Service Desk ticket, support told me that I would have to log in and go through the training.

Hitting the "Start Training" button brought me back to my main account, so problem solved.

If this is not the case for you, you'll have to open a ticket and give them the UID from your Settings screen, in order for them to re-synch your old account.

Seriously, though... this is a pretty bogus situation, and it's hard not to dread any future updates.
  • Gilesclone
    Gilesclone Posts: 735 Critical Contributor
    I just hit training again and now all my stuff is back.  Whew! That was scary.
  • wickedwitch74
    wickedwitch74 Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    I just hit training again and now all my stuff is back.  Whew! That was scary.
    Right?!?!
  • ridfrenzy
    ridfrenzy Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    How about any information why all of this is taking so long? Extreme internal testing to get everything right? Changes that implement the forum users' suggestions? Anything else?
    I just spat my coffee out dude....****!!!! :D
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    First comment was edited with new informations? Nearly haven't seen it because editing doesn't trigger the "1 new" yellow thing ;)
  • voodoo_gremlin
    voodoo_gremlin Posts: 61 Match Maker
    Will all cards (including exclusive)  become available in packs after the update or will it be when Amonkhet comes out. Pretty sure its the later.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,253 Chairperson of the Boards
    First comment was edited with new informations? Nearly haven't seen it because editing doesn't trigger the "1 new" yellow thing ;)

Thanks for mentioning this. I created a new thread to hopefully draw attention to this important information.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Will all cards (including exclusive)  become available in packs after the update or will it be when Amonkhet comes out. Pretty sure its the later.
    This is how it has worked in the past. Upon the release of a completely new set of cards (i.e. when Amonkhet or it's expansion drop) the exclusive cards from the previous set subsequently become available to pull from any booster that could technically include them.
  • Brigby
    edited April 2017
    Well this is awkward... For some reason my below comment didn't successfully post the day I updated this. (It was just sitting in the text editor) Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Hi Everyone. We will be rolling the 2.0 update in with the server maintenance downtime this Thursday at 2pm UTC.

Update: Server maintenance time is now anticipated to require 5 hours downtime. I have updated the Start and End times accordingly

• Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Well this is awkward... For some reason my below comment didn't successfully post the day I updated this. (It was just sitting in the text editor) Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Hi Everyone. We will be rolling the 2.0 update in with the server maintenance downtime this Thursday at 2pm UTC.

Update: Server maintenance time is now anticipated to require 5 hours downtime. I have updated the Start and End times accordingly

You've edited your posts again :D 
    just posting for the others lamps to light up, @madwren

• Brigby
    Brigby said:

You've edited your posts again :D 
    just posting for the others lamps to light up, @madwren

Woops! Sorry about that. I try not to double post, because that just creates unnecessary clutter, but like you said that unfortunately that doesn't trigger the New Post tag.

Looks like I'll have to break my rule next time this kind of situation arises again.  :p