What to do, when you need more Blue??

Options
Daredevil217
Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2017 in Roster and Level Help
So I'm in a bit of a conundrum here.  Looking at my 4* roster I have now 14 champs with a decent spread of colors. Yellow and blue are my weakest, with blue being the one most in need of shoring up.  Of my active blues I have:

-  Queen Peggy
- Hulkbuster (best at 3 covers)
- Punisher (best at 3 covers)
- If I get an Ant-Man cover from prodigal (looking good) and a lot of Iso I'll have him champed too (his blue is situational though).

I don't want to play Peggy on every team even though she is an elite blue user.

So who are the top blue users in the game?
1. Ice Man - Mine is the dreaded 1-5-1 (ironically 5 blue)
2. Cyclops- Another bad build 5-2-2
3. Thor- Again, 2-1-5 (again 5 blue)

Should I be setting these retirees as my bonus heroes?  I mean, first off they have a ways to go.  Secondly, I risk that dreaded 6th cover on the VERY rare chance I pulls a bonus. What would you do?  Forget them or roll the dice?

I do have Fury and War Machine at 12 covers (so one away), but both both are lower tier characters compared to Bobby, Peggy, Scotty and Janey.  Rhodey is 4/4/4 and Fury is the dreaded 2/5/5 but his first cover will come up in HFH eventually.

PS.  I hate vaulting.

Comments

• bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If you're looking for straight damage, War Machine's actually got one of the better blue powers in the 4* tier (with the added benefit of removing pesky protect/invisibility tiles). Rhodey has a lot of color overlap with the top tier characters, but he creates both countdowns and attack tiles. This means that he teams very well with recent characters like Medusa, C4rol, and Coulson (and also revamped Wasp and Star-Lord).

Kate Bishop's blue is another hard hitter, so if you have her at a reasonable build she would be a favorite candidate. I also use Quake's blue a lot for PVE, but it's more of a utility power.

Also, I personally have avoided favoriting anyone with 5 in a color because I agree that it would be terrible to get an unusable cover as a bonus hero. I *might* make an exception for Iceman, though.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,913 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My Kate is sadly 3/5/1 (sadface).

its sad that all the top blue users are essentially dead to me because of vaulting.  
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Iceman and Peggy is top of the class in the blue active power. Wasp passive is not far from it (but fix to the countdown bug makes her less appealing). So maybe Coulson? His blue seems very potent but I haven't champion him yet, so not sure how it plays out.