Sell price for level 266 3*

Wolarsen
Wolarsen Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
Can any confirm the selling price of a maxed lvl266 3-star character?
2-star are arguably recyclable, is it similar with 3*?

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    105000 ISO, 500 GP.

I've already rechampioned Cap and GSBW, with 4 more sold and being rebuilt.  So, I think it's worth it.

The tricky decision is when to sell; I wait until the character's PVP event has finished, and I have at least one more cover to re-roster the character.

I don't worry too much about the underpowered 3* being essential in PVE, the rest of my roster can pick up the slack.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    105k ISO 500 HP for selling off a lvl 266 3*
    But you need 119,919 ISO to go from lvl 40 to 166 plus another 7500 ISO to champ. 

Personally, I've been holding on to the max champed 3* while farming the dupe. I'll wait until I max champ the dupe before selling it off. 
    It's it's not as convenient as flipping 2*s but feasible. You can manage without a fully covered 2* to get thru DDQ and essential nodes. It's much tougher to compete in PVP without your lvl 266 featured 3* (unless you are running high level 5*s) 
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    The simple story is - if you have a 3* at max champ level you are either a hard-core F2P player or a paying player. In both cases having 1k HP for an extra slot is basically nothing. So the short answer is - yes, you should champion another 3* and reap the rewards. You might not even need to sell the existing one to do it - again - 1k HP is nothing. 

• Pessi
    Pessi Posts: 170 Tile Toppler
    I've started preparing for a dupe farm for this purpose, I have 3 that are getting close to max, so I stopped buying daily heroic tokens, with the aim of always having a buffer of 4/5k. This was I can use this to buy new slots to start the farm, putting the new 3 I want to rebuild as a favorite. Might work, might not!
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I recently started a duplicate Rocket and Groot and am about to start a duplicate for Iron Man 40 too. I decided level 257 would be a good cutoff Point since I might get covers I cannot use for the baby threestar and could apply them as champion levels to the big boy instead. Considering Grocket is 4/5/1 (5/5/1 after their DDQ this week) and Iron Man 40 is 1/6/2 I feel this was a wise choice.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster said:
    I recently started a duplicate Rocket and Groot and am about to start a duplicate for Iron Man 40 too. I decided level 257 would be a good cutoff Point since I might get covers I cannot use for the baby threestar and could apply them as champion levels to the big boy instead. Considering Grocket is 4/5/1 (5/5/1 after their DDQ this week) and Iron Man 40 is 1/6/2 I feel this was a wise choice.

I start dupes at 266.

Sold a few 3* covers, so what. They fall like rain, and it's hard enough to keep up with champing 3* dupes anyway.

I'm already at 16 champed dupes.

• Quebbster
    Bowgentle said:
    Quebbster said:

I start dupes at 266.

Sold a few 3* covers, so what. They fall like rain, and it's hard enough to keep up with champing 3* dupes anyway.

I'm already at 16 champed dupes.

I just don't like wasting covers, but your approach is certainly simpler.
  • mr_X
    mr_X Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Like Bow, I go down the simpler route of finish max champ and then create another. But I cannot help thinking a new tier of champion levels would be a better option.

Need not entail an increase in power just allow you to continue adding covers to save all the hassles.

But probably comes down to how much a money spinner these extra slots are.

• Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    For 2* I start the new character at lvl 130, for 3* I'll probably start the dupe once the original is at 257 (if that's the second to last LT).

Like Quebbster, I don't like having covers sit on the vine and it's simple enough.

As to when I'll sell the original: No idea yet, maybe once the new one's halfway done, but that's definitely a problem I can think about next year. (Who knows how relevant 3* are by 2018)
  • Quebbster

Two-stars I just level to 144 then start a new one. It's incredibly rare that I cannot amass thirteen covers for the dupe in two weeks. If worse comes to worse, I just sell the original and start a new one with the oldest covers to buy more time.

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wolarsen said:
    Can any confirm the selling price of a maxed lvl266 3-star character?
    2-star are arguably recyclable, is it similar with 3*?
    2* are not arguably recyclable, they are recyclable, and profitably so.

3* are similarly recyclable, the issue however is the timeframe it takes to cycle.
  • Kevmcg
    Kevmcg Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    I also start my next at 266. I have 20 maxed and the same 20 taking 20 more slots and in various stages of build (8 dupes rechamped). I find that if you get in a bind with a 550, 551, or 552 build, it is easy to get the specific cover(s)/color you need over a week by resetting that character as your only 3 star Bonus Hero. Just make sure you save and reserve the ISO you will need to champ the dupe once it comes.
  • Jorit
    Jorit Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Keeping this in mind "3* are similarly recyclable, the issue however is the timeframe it takes to cycle."

Looks like cycling a 3star champion will earn you a PROFIT of
    29675 ISO, 1300 HP, 47 cp, 3 4* covers, 1 Heroic Token, 5 Legendary Tokens

Seems worth it, long term.
  • Quebbster
    Jorit said:
    Keeping this in mind "3* are similarly recyclable, the issue however is the timeframe it takes to cycle."

Recycling is slightly ISO negative compared to just Selling off the extra covers as they come (I guess it's about a 20K ISO loss recycling a Three-star?), but the other rewards more than make up for it.

• ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jorit said:

Remember, though, selling 113 single 3* covers is worth 56500. You are exchanging having less ISO for that amount of cover accumulation to get all the other types of awards (which is worth it in my opinion).
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    ***Since this thread is more about the ability to farm 3*s than it is strictly the sale point of 3*s, I'm moving the thread to Roster and Level help as it's a question of churning over your roster to improve it.***
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    There was exactly zero legitimate need to move this to a dead board.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am starting my 3* champ farm at lv 247, right after I win the 8 cp champion reward. It's going pretty well, so far. I have created clones for:

NameCovers
    Patch12

SW10
    Mags8
    R&G8
    LCap7
    GSBW6
    MoStorm2
    KK1

Once I get my clone to 13 covers, I'll max out my champ from 247 to 266, and then I'll sell the bad max-champs that I never use (like Rags) and keep the great max-champs (like SW). Although once I max-champ my SW a second time, I'll sell off the second max-champed one  :)

I get a lot of HP, so it hasn't been hard to do this.

Although I do have a low-leveled 13-cover Prof-X for winfinite that I never ever use... I'm thinking of selling him, just to free up a space in my roster. I won't get much ISO in return, but he's kind of a waste on my roster now. Maybe I'll just do it. We'll see.

• Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have many duped 3s by now, but won't sell the max champ before the dupe reaches 240 or so. Max champ 3s are still valuable. Especially until they nerf Thanos.